Hottest food you have eaten?

Associate
A not-on-the-menu chicken phaal at the Shere Khan in Rusholme. Without doubt, the tastiest curry I've ever had but had to sit necking a full jug of iced water throughout. It was bloody hot. Tried another phaal in some dodgy Slough Indian, but it was just incredible heat and no taste. I paid for that one the next day.

Associate
I love spicy foods so much my brother thought would be fun to buy some ghost peppers see how hot I can go was very stupid mistake for the 3 of us to eat them and was round two the next morning never again will something that stupid enter my mouth

Soldato
My friends Mum's Sambal.

When my wife makes sambal I have to go out, its like someone has CS gased the house no lie.

Eyes running, nose streaming, cant catch my breath, coughing my lungs up and she calls me a "weak English" while shes eating it like peanut butter or something.

Indonesians can eat molten lava and laugh it off like its nothing.

The one she makes with Terasi Udang is the worst.

My wifes a great cook but when she cooks she makes a meal and once shes served my part she loads it up with heat afterwards, she says Indonesian children eat more spice than me. :(

Associate
I bought some of this from a chilli festival a couple of years ago. I still have most of it left it's that hot. It isn't really useful for anything other than adding heat. A bit like ground cayenne I suppose.

Soldato
OP
I'm assuming this thread was moved from GD. TBH, it would be better off moving back there.

As Tombo pointed out, this section is supposed to be about good food, not juvenile machismo (that's what GD is for :p). I like chilli and other spices as much as many do but I'd rather read about their use in flavourful dishes; not adolescent willy waving.

Can I politely ask that you please put this back where it came from?

Its not "adolescent willy waving" I was just interested in trying something extremely hot, which is sort of fun because your tongue detects it as pain (although it does not actually do any damage) and you get a bit of an endorphin buzz from it, That's why people like hot curry's. But 1,000,000 scoville extract is not something to play about with as I have learned today lol.

Man of Honour
Why is it extract? There's chilies hotter than that, I made a silly burger, thread in here some where. Phal and naga curries are childs play.

Stirfy the other week was pretty hot. 2 king moricha chilis and a peach habanero in one portion.

Soldato
OP
Why is it extract? There's chilies hotter than that, I made a silly burger, thread in here some where. Phal and naga curries are childs play.

Stirfy the other week was pretty hot. 2 king moricha chilis and a peach habanero in one portion.

Buy some of that stuff and eat a spoon of it and see what you think lol. :)

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Its not "adolescent willy waving"

Yes it is.

I was just interested in trying something extremely hot, which is sort of fun because your tongue detects it as pain (although it does not actually do any damage) and you get a bit of an endorphin buzz from it, That's why people like hot curry's. But 1,000,000 scoville extract is not something to play about with as I have learned today lol.

I have nothing against experimentation. I've done it myself with mega hot curries and sauces, for the same reason; i.e. to see what all the fuss is about.
The problem I have is with the thread title "Hottest food you have eaten?" and many of the subsequent responses - which were inevitable given the gladitorial connotations of the title. The entire premise of this thread appears to be "I've had something bloody hot today, can you beat it?".

In my opinion, that sort of thing is not what "La Cuisine" is about. For me, this place is for people to discuss ideas and recipes and new discoveries. It's not a place for bravado and one-upmanship.

You as well? Deary me :(

Man of Honour
You as well? Deary me :(

I eat chilli most meals, so I've gotten use to it. Its addictive and you get used to it.

And as fir the burger it was a challenge to see what it would be like. Other than on here, it was at home by myself. Sweating like a **** doesn't look good when out for a meal.

Soldato
OP
Yes well I originally put this thread in GD and it was moved to "la cuisine" I did not even know "la cuisine" existed until this thread was moved here.

Also If you do try any of those chilli extracts, WASH YOUR HANDS before touching your genitals, trust me it hurts a lot.

Back
Top Bottom