***The Vapers Lounge***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Caporegime
Got some vape mail today myself, got myself a GP Heron the latest and greatest Spheroid atty from Vapourart. Basically its a Spheroid but on steroids:p.

Managed to get some time to coil and wick it and dear mother of god this thing blows the Spheroid and KFL right out of the water.

Its a bit fiddly to get to grips with, i wasnt sure on how to take it apart so there i was cursing thinking why it isnt unscrewing off...only to check UK Vapers and finding out that its all held together via o-rings. Anyhow after prying it open, i done a quick 1.5 ohm microcoil and threaded some cotton then got some filler and wrapped it up. Soaked the wick and filler with juice then bunged it on my Paps X mod...fired it up and just wow really nice flavour and throat hit.

As per usual its a very finely made atty, glad i managed to get one. Got a nice heavy sturdy feel so doesnt feel flimsy.

Great atty and one id recommend if you can afford the 125 euro price.

Soldato
To be honest with you I just bought a litre a couple of years ago so don't remember what I asked for in boots. I only use about 30% in my juice so haven't had to buy any in ages. Classikool do free shipping and are cheap enough. I'm pretty sure I only picked them because other vapers had used them and the free shipping was a big plus being such heavy items.

I got PG from Classikool too and very happy with it :) They sell on ebay as well as via their own site and i seem to remember at the time I ordered, it was a touch cheaper including delivery via their website.

I normally still get my VG from Boots though as i found it worked out a bit cheaper. Pity they don't do PG unless ordering in (usually much pricier than online) but it's handy to be able to get VG easily :)

Just realised i have been Vaping 1 year today :)

Congrats j.col :D It seems like yesterday we were in our nappies with vaping and it's great to see you meet this milestone. You're exactly a month ahead of me :) My 1 year is on 1st May.

Tell me, did you deservedly treat yourself to anything shiney?! :D I plan to but I'm not sure what though! Now i vape certain juices at 13W+, it could well be a DNA mod of some sort :)

Soldato
First attempt at coiling my KFL clone this evening.

Went we'll but need to understand more the effects of the resistance based on how many turns in the coil etc.

Are there any easy guides?

The KFL clone 510 connector is on a slant, awful and unusable :(

Not sure about the slant. May I assume it's a clone? If it's bad, get it returned and replaced.

Here's a good guide for kayfun microcoiling. I use less cotton than he does though.

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboar...microcoil-cotton-guide?page=1&scrollTo=583717

Soldato
Not sure about the slant. May I assume it's a clone? If it's bad, get it returned and replaced.

Here's a good guide for kayfun microcoiling. I use less cotton than he does though.

http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboar...microcoil-cotton-guide?page=1&scrollTo=583717

Yeah, a cheapy 19 quid clone picked up off of the bay so no massive drama. Will probably just keep it and use it as a coiling base to practice with.

After force-screwing it into my MVP2 to check the ohms, I thought it broke the MVP!

Turns out that where it's on a very slight slant it pushed the centre pin down on the MVP and a quick pry using tweezers has fixed it.

Thanks for the guide, appreciated!

Soldato
Yeah, a cheapy 19 quid clone picked up off of the bay so no massive drama. Will probably just keep it and use it as a coiling base to practice with.

After force-screwing it into my MVP2 to check the ohms, I thought it broke the MVP!

Turns out that where it's on a very slight slant it pushed the centre pin down on the MVP and a quick pry using tweezers has fixed it.

Thanks for the guide, appreciated!

Be careful forcing anything when screwing stuff in. You're running the risk of damaging either the atty or the mod and, depending on the damage, a tap/die may not fix it. If you can't screw something in without having to force it, there's something wrong with the threads.

Soldato
Be careful forcing anything when screwing stuff in. You're running the risk of damaging either the atty or the mod and, depending on the damage, a tap/die may not fix it. If you can't screw something in without having to force it, there's something wrong with the threads.

Thankfully a lesson not completely learnt the hard way on this occasion :p

Associate
Hey guys,

I am selling my ROSE - on the UKV if anyone was looking to step up to a high end mod.

I stopped vaping about 6 months ago now so :p I no longer require vaping products or smoking products :p.

Glad you got where you wanted. That is the nice thing about vaping it gives you options. For me it wasn't about quitting (maybe it wasn't for you to start with either?) For some it is and if vaping gets them the end result they want then great.

Soldato
Glad you got where you wanted. That is the nice thing about vaping it gives you options. For me it wasn't about quitting (maybe it wasn't for you to start with either?) For some it is and if vaping gets them the end result they want then great.

Thanks man appreciate that.

It was not my end goal really, I just woke up one day and realised I no longer had the craving to vape or intake any form of nicotine.

I thought why not lets just stop as much as I enjoy vaping for pleasure.
That was obviously some time ago :)

I wouldnt mind vaping 0-nic juices though.

Soldato
First attempt at coiling my KFL clone this evening.

Went we'll but need to understand more the effects of the resistance based on how many turns in the coil etc.

Are there any easy guides?

Have a look at this thread, and it also gives a table with all the various wraps/resistence using 0.25mm (or 30awg) kanthal and a nice easy guide for rebuilding the KFL.
http://allaboute-cigarettes.proboards.com/thread/32391/microcoil-cotton-guide?page=1&scrollTo=575580

edit.
or i often use this little program https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxGcL1JOoEcyb2JRUGNKUFZpSDg/edit?pli=1
Just imput
Size of kanthal used
diameter of core (screwdriver, drill bit etc..._
how many wraps
length of legs
and it will give you the resistance before you even make it

Here is a pic of one of my coils, it came out at 1.42oHms
resistencepic_zpsbbf3c250.jpg

Congrats j.col :D It seems like yesterday we were in our nappies with vaping and it's great to see you meet this milestone. You're exactly a month ahead of me :) My 1 year is on 1st May.

Tell me, did you deservedly treat yourself to anything shiney?! :D I plan to but I'm not sure what though! Now i vape certain juices at 13W+, it could well be a DNA mod of some sort :)

Isnt it just lol, i cant believe its gone so fast.:)
I remember being so overwhelmed with all the terminology used in Vaping but we soon understand it.

I have been thinking of a treat, but i have been looking at the modding side of things lately lol and i am tempted to build my own dna30 mod :D

But i know my limitations, so i have an old Vamo board here, so i may just make a mod for that before i try anything more expensive lol.

Have you got your eye on anything?
a nice Zen Zna? or something similar? ;):p

Last edited:
Soldato
Thank you j.col, that's a huge help.

Picked up a castle and patriot atty last night and had a lot of fun coiling the castle.
Got a .8ohm on my first attempt (28AWG kanthal, 8 loops), but not convinced if that's what it 'should' be getting. That link will help a lot in the learning curve.

Regardless I gave it a go with my nemesis clone and torchy 18650 battery. Blew my head off compared to the MVP2/iClear 16 I'm using atm!!
The castle has little to no resistance though even with the smallest airflow used, and the airflow covered on the nemmy so it has to be a straight to lung take.

Last edited:
Underboss
My 510 eGo battery 1100mah gave up the ghost just now, not bad considering I got it it December.

Any recommendations on a new battery? Quite fancy a one with an actual battery inside them but have no idea what they are called.

Can someone spec me something please. I'm fine for a tank and juice. Just need a compatible battery. Ta

Soldato
Thank you j.col, that's a huge help.

Picked up a castle and patriot atty last night and had a lot of fun coiling the castle.
Got a .8ohm on my first attempt (28AWG kanthal, 8 loops), but not convinced if that's what it 'should' be getting. That link will help a lot in the learning curve.

Regardless I gave it a go with my nemesis clone and torchy 18650 battery. Blew my head off compared to the MVP2/iClear 16 I'm using atm!!
The castle has little to no resistance though even with the smallest airflow used, and the airflow covered on the nemmy so it has to be a straight to lung take.

lol welcome to sub ohming ;)
Just open the Castle air holes fully, take a direct lung inhale (really suck on it fast) and watch the clouds :D but you do get less flavour this way lol.
My 510 eGo battery 1100mah gave up the ghost just now, not bad considering I got it it December.

Any recommendations on a new battery? Quite fancy a one with an actual battery inside them but have no idea what they are called.

Can someone spec me something please. I'm fine for a tank and juice. Just need a compatible battery. Ta

You might be better off getting something like the MVPv2, VTR, Vamo (but you will need to buy batteries and a charger for this) and Evic or if you have a large budget a Provari.

I have a spare Evic here i am not using anymore.
Trust me for advice ;)

Soldato
I don't suppose any of you in here have stopped vaping? I stopped just over a day ago and have suffered with dizziness and sickness feeling as well as the usual urge to smoke something but I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered this and how long it lasts?

I'm tempted to go back to it just to see if it stops all the above!

Associate
I don't suppose any of you in here have stopped vaping? I stopped just over a day ago and have suffered with dizziness and sickness feeling as well as the usual urge to smoke something but I'm wondering if anyone else has suffered this and how long it lasts?

I'm tempted to go back to it just to see if it stops all the above!

The first time I tried to stop I had the same symptoms. Started up again and gradually dropped my liquids down to 0% nic and gave up after a couple of months without any problems. Still vape occasionally, but only 0%.

Soldato
The first time I tried to stop I had the same symptoms. Started up again and gradually dropped my liquids down to 0% nic and gave up after a couple of months without any problems. Still vape occasionally, but only 0%.

Thanks for the reply mate. I wobbled to the nearest co-op and picked up a pre packaged e-cig. I certainly feel better for a few puffs over the last few hours but not 100%. I too shall be dropping the liquid strength and use down now as cold turkey really made me feel like a hardened drug addict (which if you can count nicotine in that... it appears I am haha!)

Soldato
OP
I had horrendous anxiety (I still do tbh, which sucks) when I tried to quit smoking cold turkey. Part of that can be dizziness, but if you've never had anxiety before then it may just be some mad craving. I can't say I've ever had that effect any time I've had to go without vaping for an extended period though eg 6hrs plus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom