Peaches Geldoff Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

What did her last twitter post say? Can't get online at work.

Such a shame when someone so young, dies unexpectedly, like this :(

Soldato
I really hope this is not what we assume it is, a continuation of the spiral of self-destruction and history doomed to repeat itself.

As to the "if it's drugs, she deserves it" brigade. You can't have much life experience or know very much about the way the human brain works. If millions of people take prescribed drugs every day to help them through physical or mental pain, is it so hard to understand why someone might take an illegal drug?

Soldato
I really hope this is not what we assume it is, a continuation of the spiral of self-destruction and history doomed to repeat itself.

As to the "if it's drugs, she deserves it" brigade. You can't have much life experience or know very much about the way the human brain works. If millions of people take prescribed drugs every day to help them through physical or mental pain, is it so hard to understand why someone might take an illegal drug?

The news this morning said there were no drugs at the property - although they said there were concerns raised of the woman's welfare prior to the death.

As for the underlined bit... in this case it would be hard to understand (this is in relation to her lovely family that she doted on and appeared to love deeply - why have the potential to throw it all away - she must have gone through hell losing her mum at a young age - why would you potentially want to inflict that on your own daughters). But news reports suggest it isn't drugs so we are left to guess - hope it isn't suicide - never the answer to end it all.

Soldato
The news this morning said there were no drugs at the property - although they said there were concerns raised of the woman's welfare prior to the death.

As for the underlined bit... in this case it would be hard to understand (this is in relation to her lovely family that she doted on and appeared to love deeply - why have the potential to throw it all away - she must have gone through hell losing her mum at a young age - why would you potentially want to inflict that on your own daughters). But news reports suggest it isn't drugs so we are left to guess - hope it isn't suicide - never the answer to end it all.

It does happen, before my dad met my mum, he was with his first wife, they had a son and daughter together (who today I call my real brother and sister), shortly after my dad and his ex separated, he met my mum, my mum fell pregnant with me and I was born.

His ex wife (or my sisters real mum), took of from Stanstead airport one day a few years later but the plane unfortunately crashed, she died.

A few years or so down the line my sister committed suicide, the reason was unknown, but we seem to have feelings of it being a loss of someone she was very close with along with maybe a few hurdles.

I have also in my life experiences other events happen to other people, weather it be years down the line of loosing someone and that just can't cope with losses. However as you say, Peaches was raising a family, and you would think that after the years people would build that bridge they need to get over hurdles (if there were any), but you never know with some people.

Not saying it is, but I just wanted to put that out there before people start slating people who do this.

In addition, everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon for drugs, but has anyone mentioned alcohol (even though it is a drug, but still)

Soldato
I feel bad for her dad because he's had enough **** with his wife dying and that but aside from seeing her on a list of "ridiculous things celebrities have called their children" once about 5 years ago I don't know what makes her so important that the world gets a big teary boner about her death man.

Caporegime
Again conjecture, all we know for real is that her mum died, she is pretty rich and she's had to deal with being publicly called a spoilt brat all her life. I wouldn't exactly call that blessed. She's only 25, don't forget, barely an adult.

Being called a spoilt brat and loaded Vs slogging a 9 to 5 like the rest of us .... hmm, tough one.

That being said, I can't say i've ever heard of her other than the usual news about having a silly name, but being 25 and with 2 kids is no time to go.

Soldato
It's always a shame when someone young dies, but I cannot fathom why she is getting sacred cow status on OCUK. It's not like Bob Gedolf is going to be searching for a new heat-sink today, I doubt anyone with a personal relationship with her is browsing GD. It is not any more or less disrespectful to crack jokes about someone who is alive than it is someone who is dead.

If it was the Queen or someone highly regarded, I might understand the need to curtail the comments in order to stop the thread turning into an apocalyptic nightmare... but Peaches Gedolf is a relative nobody.

Soldato
It's always a shame when someone young dies, but I cannot fathom why she is getting sacred cow status on OCUK. It's not like Bob Gedolf is going to be searching for a new heat-sink today, I doubt anyone with a personal relationship with her is browsing GD. It is not any more or less disrespectful to crack jokes about someone who is alive than it is someone who is dead.

If it was the Queen or someone highly regarded, I might understand the need to curtail the comments in order to stop the thread turning into an apocalyptic nightmare... but Peaches Gedolf is a relative nobody.

+1

Really strange thread. Feel bad for the kids who will grow up without a mother but I don't get the outpouring or even the fact that it is front page news.

Associate
Got no idea who she is or why she is famous and I'm not going to say rip because I don't know her. Just someone else who's died to me and nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom