EA Sports UFC

Soldato
Completely agree. Fight Night was a great game and truly showcased the next gen when it was launched.

Yup i had it on the Xbox but i didn't have Live. Played it like a god on the hardest settings, unbeatable. Then got Live thinking i was going to destroy anything in my path, o how i was wrong :p

Can't remember winning any :D

EDIT: Just ordered Fight Night Round 4 for £2.79 with free delivery. Why not :p

Last edited:
Associate
Completely agree. Fight Night was a great game and truly showcased the next gen when it was launched. Got so many hours of gaming from that title. Would love to see a new version for it on the new consoles.

Never been a huge fan of MMA games as they always get a bit overly technical and clumsy when things go to the ground. Lets hope with the Fight Night team behind it they can get the best out of it. Have to say, it does look very good.

Pretty much agree with this tbh - enjoyed the fight night series and not so much the mma games - still interesting that they managed to get bruce lee into the game - and while I wont be personally purchasing it - im sure it's getting a lot more attention because of it, couldnt tell you about any other mma release game - but I know about this one :)

Soldato
I've seen on Twitter today that we'll get a demo of this at some point, so I'll be trying that before making a decision. Graphically it looks amazing, but I didn't like EA MMA much so I won't be pre-ordering until I've had some hands on time with it.

The last MMA game from EA was terrible, such a button mashing affair.

The new one shows a lot of potential, and it is a shame that THQ are no longer doing the games as the undisputed series was fantastic. EA years ago turned their noses up at UFC when they asked them to make a game, I guess now they have seen the cash cow it has started to become!

R

Soldato
Really excited about this game.

Owned every THQ game and was a little worried when I heard that EA had taken over (their last MMA game looked rubbish). So for this game is looking better than expected!!

Will finally get a PS4 when this is released.

Man of Honour
It's being developed by EA Canada, the team that worked on the Fight Night games

vtso.jpg

Soldato
loaded up EA MMA last night, wasn't as bad as i remember
wonder if the new one will use the right stick for strikes (like EA MMA) or if the right stick will be for takedown/transition etc (like the THQ games)
or maybe an entirely new control system, although I suppose there's only so many options

what controls would you prefer?

Associate
I thought the THQ versions where too arcadey. EA MMA was pretty good. The ground striking and animations clearly needed work though but for a first attempt it was really good.

I get so excited that I can't decide which fighter to choose first!! Lol I'm thinking The Reem with knees in the clinch!

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
There's rumors the demo will be released June 3rd, 2 weeks before full game release. The Madden and Fifa demos were released 2 weeks before full game release. The 3rd is also Tuesday, the same day PSN updates.

I get so excited that I can't decide which fighter to choose first!! Lol I'm thinking The Reem with knees in the clinch!

Hell yeah! THE REEM! THE UBER ROID KNEES! :D He's my first choice. If he doesn't have the best knees in the game I will be very disappointed.

Caporegime
Game is released when I'm over in USA/Canada.

All PS4 games are region free aren't they?

Might just pick it up over there for like £25 or whatever it is due to weak dollar and strong pound.

Back
Top Bottom