Midland Meet Info Chat Just get the **** inside

Associate
Was gonna mention that Snake Pass is only 15 or so miles from Buxton too. But it might turn into a bit of a long day for those travelling from further afield to begin with :)

And depending on numbers, it's probably best to keep the route as simple as poss :)

Soldato
I've never done the Cat/Fiddle, and while I like a good road as much as the next guy, I'm not wild about doing a road that's apparently so popular with people determined to ride it dangerously. There's so many great roads in the peaks where you don't have to worry as much about being overtaken on a blind bend by someone determined to go as fast as possible.

Like I said, I've never done it, and maybe I've received a bad impression from the huge numbers of youtube videos of people riding badly, and then crashing along it. I'm prepared to be proven wrong though :)

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Throttle goes both ways, its covered in camera`s apart from the fun bits which is quite ironic and there are countless other videos of roads where a biker got it wrong and walked away.

(just be thankfull cheap video recorders wernet around when RD350 were around, or bikes would have been banned for ever)

Associate
I've never done the Cat/Fiddle, and while I like a good road as much as the next guy, I'm not wild about doing a road that's apparently so popular with people determined to ride it dangerously. There's so many great roads in the peaks where you don't have to worry as much about being overtaken on a blind bend by someone determined to go as fast as possible.

Like I said, I've never done it, and maybe I've received a bad impression from the huge numbers of youtube videos of people riding badly, and then crashing along it. I'm prepared to be proven wrong though :)

Its reputation is far worse than it actually is as a road, done it quite a few times living only 30mins away and it being my main road into the peaks and never had a problem with idiots. That being said i tend to avoid at it weekends in the summer simply because its much quieter int he week.

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Correction.

Out >>> Longshoot A5 - A444 - A511 - A50 - A515 - Ashbourne - Buxton.

Back >> Buxton - A6 - Derby - Coalville - Hinckley.

I'm going out in a bit to try the above route, See how long it takes & what it's like.
No doubt locals will find us a better way back but the route looks to good for me not to at least it. :)

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
Just got back, Some brilliant roads but I went off Course ending up in God knows Village. :p
I'll do it a few more times before the meet as it's an Epic run & I want to suss out the route properly & plot out all the speed cameras.
Ended up dropping into Donnington on the way home as I met a fella in a petrol station who told me there doing track days today. Went in the Paddock end grabbed a T then hung around the Hairpin until I saw someone crash & the Red flags came out.

2 quid for a cup of T at Donny. :eek: + :mad: = :p

I had my mellow head on so didn't say owt. :cool:

4T5

4T5

Man of Honour
OP
We're getting loads of decent weather here at the mo & it's forecast to last till the end of July, If the long term forecasts over the next couple of weeks turn out to be reliable it'll make planning a decent day loads easier.
At the mo we're getting temps around the 13c-16c mark & winds only up to 15mph, Clear skys first thing are drying the roads out nice by 8-10'ish as well & with the 10-15mph winds All of the roads are dry & not patchy like last month. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom