Which boiler system for a 4 bedroom house?

Soldato
interesting thread. I didn't realise it was sensible to avoid Combi boilers with larger houses.

Personal choice I suppose, seen a lot of combi's in big houses, works perfectly ok,but when you have 2-3 bathrooms, plus showers then a unvented cylinder is a better option, if you have a large family, in my opinion, but others say you won't use more than one bath a time, so a unvented cylinder is unecessary, but one benefit is a good flow of hot water at mains pressure, but this dependent on your mains pressure.

Last edited:
Soldato
Personal choice I suppose, seen a lot of combi's in big houses, works perfectly ok,but when you have 2-3 bathrooms, plus showers then a unvented cylinder is a better option, if you have a large family, in my opinion, but others say you won't use more than one bath a time, so a unvented cylinder is unecessary, but one benefit is a good flow of hot water at mains pressure, but this dependent on your mains pressure.

How would you test your mains pressure before deciding? Is this something you can do yourself, or would it be best for a pro to test it?

Caporegime
Yeah because housing associations are a mark of quality...

There's nothing wrong with a high output combi, are you really going to get more than 2 people showering at once in a 4 bed?

2 people at once doesn't give you mains pressure for each shower with a combi, no matter how good the combi. Baths also fill more slowly. The unvented solution gives a higher quality service, especially if you want awesome waterfall style gushy showers with side jets etc.

Back
Top Bottom