*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Man of Honour
This H1Z1 is allegedly the game that has been talked about for some time as the spiritual successor to Star Wars Galaxies. If this is true, expect an incredible sandbox with a complex player economy and player housing that really works.

Fully excited for this.

Soldato
cant wait for TLOU! coming from a 360 this was the only game i relaly felt disheartend about not getting to play, its £37 at Zavvi with code Welcome for new customers already, i feel the price dropping to £35. Which by all means i'd happily pay.
the PS4 version also includes
+ Upgraded to 1080p
+ Upgraded to 60fps
+ Higher resolution character models, improved shadows and lighting and upgraded textures
+ Directors commentary on cutscenes
+ Left Behind single player expansion (Worth £11.99)
+ Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack (Worth £7.99)
+ Reclaimed Territories pack (Worth £???)

Soldato
Everything seems to be a zombie game, a re release or a sequel these days.

Why can't we have some unique ideas?

Been quite impressed with the start of this gen. games might just be better looking games we've had before, but last gen was no different. but this time around for me the new consoles and its games have provided me hours of fun..

PS3 for me wasn't an instant hit at first , it took a while for the machine to really get into is stride, ps4 just hit the ground from the moment I turned it on. I've also been impressed with the Wii u, haven't mucked about much with the x1, but little time I've used on its not had that wow feel , as for games... I thought infamous second son was what infamous 2 should've been, and tomb raider on ps4 was just blinding comparable to PS3.

then we have the order 1886, drive club, murdered soul suspect , all look new in the ideas department, drive club is a new take on driving games ...

Associate
not recommended to be watched by people who havent played the game yet as there a pretty special moment in there....well i thought it was special anyway, and if thats how the ps4 version is going to look then im pretty dissapointed

Soldato
not recommended to be watched by people who havent played the game yet as there a pretty special moment in there....well i thought it was special anyway, and if thats how the ps4 version is going to look then im pretty dissapointed

What you do expect? It's pretty much a game of the year edition with higher res. Place them side to side and you would notice the difference more I guess. Plus it's probably the best looking game on last gen.

Soldato
I didn't think it looked all that either.

Okay, the game was created with last gen hardware and pushed the PS3 to the absolute limit. It was by far the best last gen game out there from a visual perspective.

Like seriously, what do you actually want? They have touched up the character model, upped the res to 1080p with 60fps and a greater draw distance. They can't rebuild the game and that was never their intention.

The PS3 version looks fantastic and it's great that they are re-releasing this for the people that never got a chance to play it before. If you either a) don't want it or b) already played it, here is a crazy idea.....don't buy it. It's going to be the same game but sharper essentially kinda like last gen when games always looked far better on PC but was simply down to resolution and extra graphical effects.

From that small snippet it looked fairly nice visually to be honest and it's likely it won't look worse than quite a few games out there already that don't exactly look next gen but more supped up versions of their PS3/360 counterparts. People need to adjust their expectations of what this generation will produce in the 1st few years. I remember when Gun was released near the end of the original Xbox's life and looked better than the original Xbox 360 games.

Caporegime
Okay, the game was created with last gen hardware and pushed the PS3 to the absolute limit. It was by far the best last gen game out there from a visual perspective.

Like seriously, what do you actually want? They have touched up the character model, upped the res to 1080p with 60fps and a greater draw distance. They can't rebuild the game and that was never their intention.

The PS3 version looks fantastic and it's great that they are re-releasing this for the people that never got a chance to play it before. If you either a) don't want it or b) already played it, here is a crazy idea.....don't buy it. It's going to be the same game but sharper essentially kinda like last gen when games always looked far better on PC but was simply down to resolution and extra graphical effects.

From that small snippet it looked fairly nice visually to be honest and it's likely it won't look worse than quite a few games out there already that don't exactly look next gen but more supped up versions of their PS3/360 counterparts. People need to adjust their expectations of what this generation will produce in the 1st few years. I remember when Gun was released near the end of the original Xbox's life and looked better than the original Xbox 360 games.

With price of admission as it is, I do expect more.

I know I'm not the target audience for this as I've played it on the ps3, but it's still a bit disappointing. I'll see how it looks when it's released.

Soldato
There's a few on the store mate, they're quite hard to find and they're quite large downloads too.
No demo's for any of the new releases like Infamous Second Son for example which is pretty **** poor unless I want to gamble on buying a game I'm not sure about.:o

Back
Top Bottom