Assitance with upgrade or new build

Associate
Hi all,

I'm looking to upgrade or build a new PC. It's been while since my last build, so I am completely out our touch with latest tech. Im looking to spend about £500 on just a base unit, no need for peripherals etc.. I'll be playing dayz mainly.

I doubt any of the below will be reusable, except the power supply maybe?

Motherboard - ASUS PSQL Pro
Power supply - OCZ Technology 600w (ocz600sxs)
Ram - 4gb (2x2 gb crosshair ddr2)
CPU - Intel core 2 duo 2.66ghz
Graphics card - Radeon ax4650 1gbd2

Any assistance on spec out would be much appreciated. :)

Cheers

Associate
OP
Morning,

Good point. Yes the DVD is transferrable on new build so I am only looking for CPU, MB, RAM, HDD, GC and a PSU if the one above is no good - potentially a new case.

The case is a midi tower, I’ve had it about 15 years and it’s got no brand. Happy to reuse if needed but wouldn't mind a BitFenix Prodigy Mini-ITX Cube Case. But I’m guessing this will drive up the price?

Will be using W7.

Thanks

Last edited:
Soldato
Might want to check that DVD drive is Sata and not IDE, a lot of current gen boards don't include an IDE port.

You could open the budget a bit sticking with ATX for the case(plenty of options, Bitfenix Merc Alpha being one). You could also carry over the PSU, no reason to replace it whilst it's still in working order.

Associate
OP
Morning all,

Thanks for the build specs guys.

As I say if need be I can stick with my current case . Although I don't mind the beta and alpha models.

You may be right about the IDE DVD, I'll check when I get home later.

So if we say ignore the case and reuse PSU. Then what does that allow me to build spec wise?

Also, if the ssd doesn't add much to performance happy to use standard HDD.

Thanks in advance people, really appreciate the assistance here.

Thanks

Last edited:
Associate
OP
If possible would like a good spec for the prodigy. Can I use my power supply in it?

And a good spec with for a atx build. I'll use my psu and case.

Thanks guys

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Cool, thank you :)

Thoughts on build, is it as good as I can get it for this price range?

I'd like to order it all today, looking forward to putting it together, been years since I last built a PC :)

Back
Top Bottom