LAN Parties

Soldato
Ok this is a topic im well involved in :p.

I am part of the technical team for epic.lan which is an event ran at Kettering Conference Centre. Its a great event and is split between competition gamers and social gamers. We hold about 3 events a year with lots of smaller ones in between.

The website is www.epiclan.co.uk.

Its a great atmosphere and is well worth a visit, especially on the day the quiz night runs.

Associate
I'd be game for a Scottish LAN. There used to be a icafe up in Aberdeen which hosted random gatherings.

Glasgow isn't to far for me, that'd be sweet.

Associate
OP
I assume the ecafe mentioned is 1levelup?

see if theres any fellow ocukers up that neck of the woods and split the travel costs?

or book in advance for much cheapness on train travel

Yes mate, I've never been and only just came across it this week. Hoping they get back to me soon with what I've asked.

Have you ever been before?

Soldato
Ok this is a topic im well involved in :p.

I am part of the technical team for epic.lan which is an event ran at Kettering Conference Centre. Its a great event and is split between competition gamers and social gamers. We hold about 3 events a year with lots of smaller ones in between.

The website is www.epiclan.co.uk.

Its a great atmosphere and is well worth a visit, especially on the day the quiz night runs.

I see SC2 .... now.. do I come out of retirement?! :p

Soldato
Not had a LAN party in years but I can remember setting up rounds mates places back in the day when we were on BNC networking with T-pieces and terminators DOS configuration and then straight into DOOM or Duke Nukem. A weekend of that round a mates place when his parents were away was hardly considered cool but it was a lot of fun!

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Last one i attended someone had hired out the village hall (for almost next to nothing) Only about 15 people there, was really good fun. I heard the 2 guys that set it up got some grief off a couple of players saying they should do this and that and were generally being a pain for them both. They quit doing it in the end because of a couple of jerks who thought they could do better.

Fun times. Most village halls wont allow it now due to risk assessments and crap like that.

Soldato
I go to most of the Epic events myself, well organised events with a lot of fun people attending. Unlike matthab I'm not staff so can't even be accused of being biased :p

Still yet to go to an iSeries, I think the size of it has put me off as I do tend to enjoy the smaller lans personally. ie at the Epic.Lite events it's 32 man, so you can have the entire room in a single game of TF2 all yelling abuse at each other :D

Havent for a year or so.. but I think thats mainly down to the caliber of games that are now out more then anything.

Last time we found ourselves just sat playing BF3 online all day.

The best one however was 4 of us years back with a 2v2 game on Dawn of War that literally lasted just over 14 hours. Was quite an amazing constant standoff/battle that really came down to teamwork and abit of guts.

Soldato
Nice going on Dawn of War! Reminds me of playing Supreme Commander for about 24 hours straight whilst in halls at uni. 8 of us on a 80x80 map - 4 teams of 2. :D

Its a double edged sword when that happens.
you feel like your enjoyiong the fact that your playing the game for so long that you are getting a good challenge
but
you feel like crap as you are so tired. XD

All nighters are always good :)

Soldato
Not been to one in a long time. Used to attend a smallish event in Brownhills, Walsall that usually maxed out at 40 people.

Started as Half-Life DM mainly but towards the end it was a bit of everything but always culminated in an epic Trackmania tourney on the Sunday - single race elimination!

Might be time to prod the relevant people again....

Back
Top Bottom