Sold my car to a guy in Malta, is it safe?

Soldato
update.

So the guy came over to have a look, paid a cash deposit and will collect the car when I am back form my holiday.

Tuned out to be a genuine guy.

No dodgy notes.:eek:

I'm genuinely shocked, didn't think this was going to bode well for you.

Hope the car is insured while your away & safely tucked away.

Soldato
OP
Ok Update again, he paid by bank transfer last week, picked up the car today with his son.

Took this photo as he was driving off, I refurbished the wheels in black for him
IMG_20140428_1727471_zpsa9c3181b.jpg

Soldato
OP
That car looks amazing.

Thankfully, it went well :D

Thanks, I was quite sad to see it go, but I got a good price for it.

Glad to hear that it all went well House. So have you replaced it yet?

No not yet, I test drove a new Smart Car today as a run around but hated it so I will go and take a look at the AyGo tomorrow.

I think I will hold off buying a 991 until I find the right one.

Soldato
Thanks, I was quite sad to see it go, but I got a good price for it.

No not yet, I test drove a new Smart Car today as a run around but hated it so I will go and take a look at the AyGo tomorrow.

I think I will hold off buying a 991 until I find the right one.

Hmm, suspect you'll hate that too if you hated a smart.

The up/citygo/whatevertheseatoneis is a little better if you're happy with the higher initial outlay

Associate
Glad it was genuine. Out of interest, do you know how he was planning on getting it home? Driving it would be a truly epic journey!
Furthest south I've driven is lake como, and that was awesome fun, done as part of a holiday rather than just driving though.

Associate
Come on chaps ... effectively there is a huge influx of second hand ( mainly British ) cars in Malta.

Quote "They all drive like **** morons and it will get crashed." << easy there !! You get the odd a**hole here and there but it's not that bad

Soldato
Was the buyer's ebay: jsd183 ???

Had a guy from Malta win the auction for my dads Smart ForTwo at £4000, sent him a message and he said "I hope £3500 is acceptable" because I need to export to Malta :rolleyes:.
Checked what he had bid on/won auction of in the past 30 days and it was in the Cars -> Porsche category :D

Last edited:
Don
Just so people know - in Malta it's hard to get these types of cars, because of their location and cars are so expensive over there.

As you proceeded with caution you covered your bases. I have a friend who lives in Malta and used to drive an s2000 - he was also very, very picky with cars. Used to keep his under a blanket, in a garage, with the air conditioning on 24/7 - I know.....

Back
Top Bottom