Sayings that make your blood boil.

Soldato
That would make sense actually, there are quite a few ex-forces guys here.

"handle turning" and "cranking the handle" when referring to actually DOING the work instead of talking about it also annoys me.

Just been reading some of these kind of things on arrse.co.uk and found the following. It made me chuckle because I frequent regular briefings where all these phrases are used with some real intent. To me these are in fact quite glorious events. Hard to hold back the sniggers sometimes :)

I think we need to hit the ground running, keep our eye on the ball, and make sure that we are singing off the same song sheet. At the end of the day it is not a level playing field and the goal posts may move; if they do, someone else may have to pick it up and run with it. We therefore must have a golf bag of options hot-to-trot from the word 'go'. It is your train set but we cannot afford to leave it on the back burner; we've got a lot of irons in the fire, right now.

We will need to un-stick a few potential poo traps but it all depends on the flash-to-bang time and fudge factor allowed. Things may end up slipping to the left and, if they do, we will need to run a tight ship. I don't want to re-invent the wheel but we must get right into the weeds on this one. If push comes to shove, we may have to up stumps and then we'll be in a whole new ball game.

I suggest we test the water with a few warmers in the bank. If we can produce the goods then we are cooking with gas. If not, then we are in a world of hurt. I don't want to die in a ditch over it but we could easily end up in a flat spin if people start getting twitchy. To that end, I want to get round the bazaars and make sure the movers and the shakers are on-side from day one. If you can hit me with your shopping list I can take it to the head honchos and start the ball rolling.

There is light at the end of the tunnel and I think we have backed a winner here. If it gets blown out the water, however, I will be throwing a track. So get your feet into my in-tray and give me chapter and verse as to how you see things panning out. As long as our ducks are in a row I think the ball will stay in play and we can come up smelling of roses.

Before you bomb burst and throw smoke, it is imperative we nail our colours very firmly on the mast and look at the big picture. We've got to march to the beat of the drum. We are on a sticky wicket. we'll need to play with a straight bat and watch out for fast balls.

I've been on permanent send for long enough and I've had my ten pence worth. I don't want to rock the boat or teach anyone to suck eggs. We must keep this firmly in our sight picture or it will fall between the cracks. If the cap fits, wear it, but it may seem like pushing fog up a hill with a sharp stick.

V F

V F

Soldato
Pathetic how nobody brought up, "This moment in time" and "At this point in time."

Gary Neville is always saying it. Managers, in F1, sooo annoying!

Soldato
My #1 most hated catch phrase!!

"Lessons will/have been learned"

(Typically uttered after a public sector organisation has screwed up massively but conveniently failed to find anybody to actually take any responsibility for it!)

Caporegime
could have
would have
should have
etc...

Some people get things like there, they're and their mixed up or your and you're - but those are only either typos, people not thinking when writing a post quickly or simply bad written grammar - it doesn't affect the way people speak or think.

People who write 'could have' instead of 'could have' or 'could've' probably talk like that too... its not a typo or a bit of rushed typing or just bad written grammar... it indicates that they can't speak English properly - they've actually heard people use 'could've' and interpreted it as 'could have'. I'm sure I make plenty of grammatical errors myself but 'could have' is just retarded.

Soldato
Don't really hear many people come out with sayings unless they've stuck it on facebook..

Dad sometimes would say "he who dares wins" SAS motto.

Associate
any sentence with 'cascade' in it like today ' once you've worked the data can you cascade the results to ops'

eckin management bullshampoo

Back
Top Bottom