• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

280x woes with YouTube.

Soldato
Associate
I have this issue too on my primary screen(hdmi), second screen (dvi) stays normal. It pretty much only happens on youtube. I don't truly understand the cause, but it stopped happening when I set my GPU memory clocks back to stock, I can overclock the core fine, but touch the memory by even 1mhz and I get that problem again. I am unsure if it is a HDMI issue or overclock issue. Even if I put youtube on the 2nd screen, the primary screen gets the problem again while the vid is playing fine on the 2nd, it is really weird!

My card is a 7950 (oc to 1150 core 24/7), hope it helps a bit!

Last edited:
Associate
Had the same thing with a 7970 Lightning. Did the same thing in Win 7 and 8.

Also threw up the same problems using Total media Theatre.

i sent it off to the retailer who found nothing wrong with it. Never got to the bottom of the problem so just sold the card.

I read somewhere about turing off hardware acceleration in flash which I never tried so that might work

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
That's what I'm worried about with an RMA that they won't find the problem and it'll just cost a chunk in postage.

I'll give the hardware accelleration a try.

Soldato
Make sure all your drivers are up to date. There are various lock ups and errors caused by older drivers. For example until I updated my sound driver for a known Skype issue every tine is opened Skype it locked up my PC with a similar screen to yours.

Associate
Record the problem and send it to them as proof?

That's what I did when I had a problem with my 7970 Lightnings.

This sounds like a good idea. At the very least from the video they might be able to diagnose what is doing it if it's not the GPU being faulty.

Soldato
OP
Get ya noob moment out,

Moved my rig downstairs to put BT Sport on to watch the Gloucester match,

Decided to just take off the window briefly, my PSU is an XFX 850 watt, the two 8 pin and 6 pin cables I'm using can both be either used as 6 pin or 8 pin.

The 8 pin one wasn't clipped, so it only had 2x6 pin inserted.

Plugged them in properly and I haven't had it happen, I'm also now on HDMI though instead of DVI,

Either way, progress even if I was a numpty when I installed it. :p

Caporegime
Get ya noob moment out,

Moved my rig downstairs to put BT Sport on to watch the Gloucester match,

Decided to just take off the window briefly, my PSU is an XFX 850 watt, the two 8 pin and 6 pin cables I'm using can both be either used as 6 pin or 8 pin.

The 8 pin one wasn't clipped, so it only had 2x6 pin inserted.

Plugged them in properly and I haven't had it happen, I'm also now on HDMI though instead of DVI,

Either way, progress even if I was a numpty when I installed it. :p

lol... :p

Good to see you got it sorted.

Soldato
OP
Tell a lie, back in my room and it's happening everytime, even with hdmi if I try that.

Never known a monitor to fail in such a way but seems to be all that's left?

Soldato
OP
Right update.

Tried again this morning on my monitor, same old crashes. Tried removing sound card and every other component still same problem.

Moved it downstairs to the TV, with exactly the same components mouse kb etc.

Worked fine - The only difference is the tv is 1080p whereas my monitor is 1200p.

Change the resolution on my monitor to 1080p and guess what? Works as normal,

http://youtu.be/z1lhnrvWbXw

Looks like she's going back..

Edit and just whacked my trusty 7850 PE back in and all working perfect so that settles it.

Double edit maybe not same problem now with the 7850 what the hell is going on. :(

Last edited:
Caporegime
Right update.

Tried again this morning on my monitor, same old crashes. Tried removing sound card and every other component still same problem.

Moved it downstairs to the TV, with exactly the same components mouse kb etc.

Worked fine - The only difference is the tv is 1080p whereas my monitor is 1200p.

Change the resolution on my monitor to 1080p and guess what? Works as normal,

http://youtu.be/z1lhnrvWbXw

Looks like she's going back..

Edit and just whacked my trusty 7850 PE back in and all working perfect so that settles it.

Double edit maybe not same problem now with the 7850 what the hell is going on. :(

"Double edit maybe not same problem now with the 7850 what the hell is going on."

Thats a bit cryptic. are you getting the same problem with the 7850 or not?

If you are reinstall flash, then drivers... if that fails put a fresh install of windows on another partition or spare driver to test that.

Soldato
OP
I tried all of the drivers, flash etc made no difference.

However, Fresh install of Windows 8.1 and I've just been watching YT for the past 20 minutes with no problems, fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom