Jokes with Expiration Dates

Soldato
Something popped up in my head this morning, how some topical jokes have expiration dates, that for the moment seem funny, but as time moves on less and less people will understand, Oscar Pistorious for example, in a few years time he'll be less news worthy, and any jokes relating to him will likely be met with blank stares.

So here's the place for jokes that may have been funny in the past, but are soon to die out.

I'll start:

Q: What's the opposite of Christopher Reeve?
A: Christopher Walken

Steven Hawking came back from his first date in 10 years.
His Glasses were smashed, he had a broken wrist, twisted ankle and grazed knees.
Apparently she stood him up.

There will be a new post-mortem today on the body of Michael Jackson at the request of his family. The doctor has been briefed to determine which was the cause of death:
A) Sunshine
B) Moonlight
C) Good Times
D) Boogie.

Permabanned
The Reeve joke is as old as his accident. And he died ten years ago. You'd think there would be an expiration date on it, but it's still hilarious. As is the "where does X keep his armies? Up his sleevies". Replace X with any historical military leader.

Soldato
4 years ago there were quite a few jokes about the naming of the ipad. The media thought the name was hilarious. Would be pretty hard to make anyone laugh about that now.

The ipad. Is this Apple's new leap into the female hygiene product market?

:rolleyes:

Associate
A man walked into the opticians. The receptionist said 'Sir you're 10 minutes late'. The man replied 'Sorry I didn't see the time.'

Soldato
I think you might have missed the point.

OP is referring to topical jokes which reference a particular person or event - and when that person or event is no longer remembered no-one will understand.

Associate
I think you might have missed the point.

OP is referring to topical jokes which reference a particular person or event - and when that person or event is no longer remembered no-one will understand.

I got the point, I just wanted to tell my joke to someone. :) :D

Soldato
Did you hear about the RUC van that crashed into a tree ?

the IRA said they planted it...

RUC been disbanded for what ? A decade and a half or summat. Of course given the troubles have been on everyone's minds for hundreds of years maybe this one still has some mileage

Soldato
Stevie Wonder got given a cheese grater for his birthday. He said it was the most violent book he had ever read

George Michael got busted in the toilets whilst playing with a chocolate bar. He was careless with his Whisper.

Why can't Stevie Wonder drive? 'Cos he's black...

Caporegime
The UK Government has said that Scotland could end up as a Third World country if they vote for independence.

I don't know if things will improve to that extent, but you never know.

Proper loled :D

ed5493032b9afa7f5bb3666c896f79cb.jpg

59c8b4155facf4c1d8b2132a5188d00d.jpg

Back
Top Bottom