What have you done to your car today?

Permabanned
used a clay bar and some meguiars quick detailer and i am shocked at just how good the clay bar is.
there was a lot of dirt in the paint and the quality of the paint was a little rough but not anymore.

still needs a wax though.

34343.jpg

Soldato
Adjusted my OS headlamp after replacing the internal adjusters (very common failure on e39, the 2 plastic adjusters become brittle and crumble away).

Photo%2009-04-2014%2022%2011%2027.jpg

Which way round should the hot wire of the xenon bulb go. I have mine nearest the ground as I understand projector lamps flip the beam pattern?

Last edited:
Soldato
Got it back today after being in for bodywork for nearly two weeks ( I've only actually been able to drive the thing for bloody week). Looks an excellent job so far, very pleased.

Unfortunately it goes back off to Honda on Wednesday to get the roof/ seal done

Associate
I got this (Blitz Nur Spec) taken off.

And an HKS silent Hi-Power fitted.
The car was in for its MOT so still has the catalyst fitted but my god it's quiet :D
I'm toying with the idea of keeping the cat on there.

Associate
Well yesterday I (hopefully) cured my leaky sunroof my Clio. Stripped the sun roof out, cleaned off the old foam gasket and applied some silicone sealant. Just need to trim off the excess which splurged out when I clamped it back down.

Soldato
Just applied a sample of Auto Finesse Desire to the bonnet. It is a bugger to remove but it smells nice and beads really really nicely :D

Supposed to be very nice, but you should have bought the Angelwax Desirable as it's the original wax, not the Desire copy and it costs a lot less ;)

Soldato
Going to give it a wash and clean inside as well as remove the sidelights, because one has blown and until the replacements arrive, 1 angel eye looks naff! I might attempt to fix a rattle too but I'm feeling pretty lazy today.

Associate
Supposed to be very nice, but you should have bought the Angelwax Desirable as it's the original wax, not the Desire copy and it costs a lot less ;)

I didn't buy it, I got a sample in Waxybox ;). I will get the original if I decide to fork out that much on a wax, it's half the price!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom