***The Official Nokia Lumia 920 Thread***

Soldato
Saw one of these for £139.99 from tesco on hotukdeals using some codes if your after one its an ace deal

Ignore its sold out.

Ah thats a shame, might have a look see if I can get a good deal though. Forgot about hotukdeals.

I did the opposite sort of, 925 to Nexus 5.
Phone is great, OS is fantastic. Just let down by lack of app support :(

I'm not too worried about lack of app support at the minute as the only apps I use on my android is reddit, browser, paypal, sms and emails.

Soldato
It looks as if the Tesco ones are unavailable at the moment, but one chap on eBay (in Bolton) with over 300 positive 100% feedback is offering a brand new sealed one for £185.95 + £8.75 postage, although there are probably better deals to be had.

Associate
Anyone randomly lost all their contacts?

Where all there this morning, then this afternoon 3/4 of them just gone, phone wont sync them back, reset it and still no joy. At a bit of a loss tbh.

emu

emu

Associate
just updating mine now to 8.1

what a nice easy simple process , all done via the phone

will report back with my findings

was tempted in the past few weeks to go back to android but i do love windows phones and especially the 920

Associate
Initial findings after a day with 8.1:

Action centre is excellent as it has easy shortcut goggles for Bluetooth etc and shows u the battery percentage.
I like wordflow although it does take a bit of getting used to in order to make texting faster.
Love the new screen background/transparent tiles.
My 920 seems a bit more nippy.
Xbox music has lost the podcast menu option so I guess I'll go back to using podcast lounge.
A few other little bits and pieces like separate ringtone and media volumes are a welcome addition.
Really like it so far.

Soldato
Podcast is now an app... Separated from Music Hub.

Really hope they sort out music, app is slow and no longer useful.

Asking Cortana to play what I want is quicker!

Soldato
Initial findings after a day with 8.1:

Action centre is excellent as it has easy shortcut goggles for Bluetooth etc and shows u the battery percentage.
I like wordflow although it does take a bit of getting used to in order to make texting faster.
Love the new screen background/transparent tiles.
My 920 seems a bit more nippy.
Xbox music has lost the podcast menu option so I guess I'll go back to using podcast lounge.
A few other little bits and pieces like separate ringtone and media volumes are a welcome addition.
Really like it so far.

The version we got of 8.1 is missing s few things, the biggest to mote is that the music player is actually the old default beta version they used with each dev preview, its not the final version, just like Cortland and various other nits and pieces are actually still in beta.

Caporegime
How many people have issues with the video recording on the 920 hitching? I've tried setting it to 720p and closing all other programs before I start to record but the issue still persists, more noticeable if I'm recording anything with music in it the recorded video will lurch forward an instant (usually numerous times the longer the video is) but since its music its very noticeable. Bloody annoying.

Caporegime
Just an update to the post above, making the camera button activate the nokia pro cam app seems to have fixed it, though if I go back to the basic video recorder it still occurs. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom