The Display Cabinet

Soldato
Great stuff guys and gals. Just took a quick few, most of it's packed away. Will be getting rid of most of my GW stuff this year though, starting to collect all the Judge Dredd Mini's from that miniature game :)

20140325_122935.jpg

20140325_122959.jpg

20140325_123020.jpg

wow, that painting is rediulously clean, especially the ork. Extremely jealous i can't paint as cleanly as that

Associate
wow, that painting is rediulously clean, especially the ork. Extremely jealous i can't paint as cleanly as that

Yeah my termies ended up quite a rough surface finish, not sure how I managed that, don't think I thinned the paint correctly. The bloodbowl players are just washes only (apart from metallics), just several coats built up, really easy way to paint, was just experimenting when GW first released their washes.

Soldato
Hi,

I might do some more weathering and wear and tear but wanted to call this done for ready for the table top. 99% citadel paints and my first time airbrushing (the main trukk). Figures were hand painted.

IMG_7921.JPG

IMG_7925.JPG

IMG_7926.JPG

IMG_7927.JPG

IMG_7928.JPG

IMG_7929.JPG

IMG_7930.JPG

IMG_7931.JPG

IMG_7932.JPG

IMG_7933.JPG

IMG_7934.JPG

IMG_7936.JPG

Associate
Looking good, only bit of criticism is it all looks to clean (as in not enough rust and muck), feel likes orks should be a bit more hap dash. Unles yours orks are the sort to take their trukks to the people in Tesco car park.

Soldato
Looking good, only bit of criticism is it all looks to clean (as in not enough rust and muck), feel likes orks should be a bit more hap dash. Unles yours orks are the sort to take their trukks to the people in Tesco car park.

I agree with your comments, like I said when i posted, I feel some more weathering could be done. I'll seal the paintwork first then look at some more weathering.

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Some nice stuff in this thread, good to see. I haven't seen this before so figured i'd contribute.

Main army now is chaos marines, sadly I sold the guard stuff, but did enjoy painting it.

8CHHRUd.jpg
373rn7F.jpg
TTJ8WEF.jpg

Tk7

Tk7

Associate
Thanks Warbie, and yeah I used an airbrush. Quite a useful tool, i'd recommend one to anyone really as they make some tasks so simple - undercoating, varnishing, shading larger stuff.

Here's a few more pics i've dug out
t1EKuLV.jpg
tvfgsRC.jpg
6IdyJ0G.jpg
59zr0EY.jpg

The Valdor model was nice to paint, but I had some issues with the resin parts...

I also love the commisar model, and the guardsman was just knocked together from bits and used as a bodyguard. I kinda like the look on his face, a bit demented.

Associate
Any Bolt Action players in here? Just started painting up my German Fallschirmjager platoon. I haven't painted anything for about 7 years, used to have a load of Warhammer stuff but sold it all off when my son was born. I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is :D

They're not finished yet, I still need to do some more highlights and I'm holding off doing the faces properly until I get a bit more practice in :)

Associate
Any Bolt Action players in here? Just started painting up my German Fallschirmjager platoon. I haven't painted anything for about 7 years, used to have a load of Warhammer stuff but sold it all off when my son was born. I'd forgotten how enjoyable it is :D

They're not finished yet, I still need to do some more highlights and I'm holding off doing the faces properly until I get a bit more practice in :)

They look great, have joined in with a game of bolt action at a local gaming club and really want to start an army. Just need to decided which army :p

Associate
Thanks :) I'm playing with my 5, almost 6 year old so he's really keen at the start of the game but his attention wanes after an hour lol. I need to start games with less points, but he insists on playing with his Tiger and Panzer IV :D

Soldato
I had a painting crisis with Zombicide recently and mixed things up to try and get motivated again. The results are mouldy green zombies! Only two done so far. I love the fat lady sculpt :)

2lwrf40.jpg

Back
Top Bottom