Dark Soul's: Prepare to Die Edition (PC)

Soldato
Only black knight weapon I liked was the Halberd, on my second play through a few years ago (PS3) I bagged that on the black knight in the dark root basin, was chuffed cos my build was going to be around that anyway and I got it. Loved that weapon.

My latest play through on the PC I'm all out dex, although I have 40 strength too, I'm still undecided what's best out of my Great Scythe +15 or my Balder Side Sword +15. Scythe does more damage, but slower... The heavy attack on the Balder is sweeeeet though!

Can't wait for DS2 on PC, never touched my PS3 copy as I decided I actually wanted to wait... For quicker load times more than anything else.

Soldato
Yeah, I kept resetting my play through until I got the Halberd drop from the knight in dark root basin.

The damage makes most of the bosses really easy so far but I think I still prefer my Uchi so far but I'm only up to Quelaag.

Soldato
I didn't actually restart a playthrough. My first ever playthrough, when the game launched on the consoles was using whatever I could get. Then my second playthrough I wanted the Black Knight Halberd, and I got it first time on that playthrough, never needed to restart, so was really lucky there.

But that weapon really doesn't compete with the Great Scythe +15 or the Balder Side Sword +15 for me.

I (just for the fun of it, as I had 50+ Titanite Chunks) made a Lightning Uchigatana +5 but didn't like it at all. Was extremely weak compared to the other two, although with a A bonus on dex I'm sure a +15 standard would have been better, but not better than a Balder Side Sword IMO.

If you are a dex build and like the Uchi, you should try to farm a Balder Side Sword, really is a great weapon... although can be quite tricky to get as its a very rare drop from the Balders.

Soldato
Every run to the demon nets me a couple thousand souls so there's quite a pile starting to develop in there ha

Yeah Purdy, has been telling me to just run past everything at this point, keep losing 6k souls after a while when I can't retrieve. I really struggle the initial part against capra where he does his jump crap.

Associate
for capra as soon as you enter run to the right of him circle around then up the stairs, get on the ledge finish off the dogs then the rest il let you figure out

Soldato
yeh capra is a bitch but getting up the stairs should be the priority.

Got out of blighttown just now, not sure why everyone thinks its annoying. taking it slow I only died twice and managed to kill the boss pretty easily. Now onto the lava stuff which does seem more difficuly in general.

Soldato
yeh capra is a bitch but getting up the stairs should be the priority.

Got out of blighttown just now, not sure why everyone thinks its annoying. taking it slow I only died twice and managed to kill the boss pretty easily. Now onto the lava stuff which does seem more difficuly in general.

You have dsFix running I assume. It had MAJOR framerate/lag issues on the vanilla. Well I never played vanilla on PC, but I did on PS3 many times and it lagged bad. The area as a whole isn't bad, just the framerate was.

Soldato
FINALLY done it! yeah when he start coming up the stairs you jump down then he does the same and get staggered, which lets you hit him a couple of times.

Associate
What's a good lighter armour? At the moment i have leather/black leather and chain mail sets. Are any of them worth upgrading or just keep going until I have more points in endurance and can wear a heavy set or find a better lighter set.

Also I have my Black Knight Sword at +3 I assume that will do me for a while?

FINALLY done it! yeah when he start coming up the stairs you jump down then he does the same and get staggered, which lets you hit him a couple of times.

Congrats! I will hopefully try again tonight.

Soldato
Help please....
So I got through blightown and have two bells done and have just killed the fire dude in the demon ruins who stops the lava flowing and allows me to continue, but then i come across loads of mini capra demon guys who are pretty nails and I dont think Im supposed to be going this way plus I saw on orange door (not white) which definatley makes me think its not the correct way - but instead obvs back to the where the bell door opened , how the **** do I get back there? what have I missed?

Soldato
2 bells opens up Sens Fortress, it's near the first blacksmith so head to firelink shrine, then up the lifts and run straight ahead from there.

Back
Top Bottom