*** The Official HTC One M8 Thread ***

Associate
Had my first issue today. Someone rang me, I pressed the answer button and the phone froze. Couldn't press any buttons and couldn't turn it off by holding the power/lock button so it essentially stayed on for about a minute before it decided to reset itself. After it booted itself up the lock button didn't work to lock the phone but it did work in it's power capacity so I restarted the phone and it's been fine since.

Hmmm...

Associate
Will have to have a play with this phone now see what the size is like. Put off by the cost initially but looks like been a big price drop in the monthly contracts and can get a good usage deal from three and tesco around £35-£37 instead of the £42 vodafone were initially offering for same usage. Though i see they have also cut prices.

Interested in the M8 Mini if it appears next month though.

Associate
Check out the skinomi techskin on the rainforest. You get a screen protector and a matching protector for the metal body.. I'm not too bothered about the screen but some protection for the brushed metal wouldn't go amiss.

I didn't use a case on my first m8 and the back scratched very easily. As nice as it looks, it does need some cover and this seems perfect for me.

Last edited:
Associate
Check out the skinomi techskin on the rainforest. You get a screen protector and a matching protector for the metal body.. I'm not too bothered about the screen but some protection for the brushed metal wouldn't go amiss.

I didn't use a case on my first m8 and the back scratched very easily. As nice as it looks, it does need some cover and this seems perfect for me.

So as long as the metal part is ok the screen can get all scratched up !!!!
I think you mean the M7 aswell

Last edited:
Associate
The HTC One (M8) we've got here is absolutely terrible, build quality/quality control wise. The back came with marks all over it and the bezels have scratches on them. There are scratches on the bottom of the phone too. The volume buttons are so loose that they feel like they could fall off at any time. Also, the second (smaller) camera looks like it's not centred.

We're really disappointed as the actual experience is fantastic. I am really hesitant to get another one as build quality seems like a common issue :( So I'd like to ask: what should I do?

Soldato
The HTC One (M8) we've got here is absolutely terrible, build quality/quality control wise. The back came with marks all over it and the bezels have scratches on them. There are scratches on the bottom of the phone too. The volume buttons are so loose that they feel like they could fall off at any time. Also, the second (smaller) camera looks like it's not centred.

We're really disappointed as the actual experience is fantastic. I am really hesitant to get another one as build quality seems like a common issue :( So I'd like to ask: what should I do?

If you like the experience get another.

Soldato
love the HTC ONE M8, mines perfect, find it quite weird people get build quality issues, all my time buying phones i aint had no problems, be it samsung, or HTC maybe lucky

anyway the HTC M8, sense 6 is so smooth, i actually think its better then stock, as stock can be lacking in features, like homescreens, making folders, sense is the perfect balance and the battery life is great, i can use it a lot during the day its always on 4g / 3g and lots of youtube, browsing, music , running few emails , and late night around 11-12 will be at around 20% , and im coming from a Note 3

im glad i got this instead of the S5, the camera aint so bad actually after taking a few pictures and viewing them on a PC monitor

my friend has a S5 and i did use it for a hour or so, and i did notice some lag at times slight stutters now and again, which i never do with the htc m8

Associate
It's gorilla glass 3, it should hold up well!

No I was referring to the M8 I had, which I sent back for a replacement. I put it down on my desk a handful of times and managed to scratch it in the first few days - I'm more confident putting the bare screen face down than the bare metal.

I did have an m7 (no cover), which resisted scratches fairly well as it was the silver finish - it's more resilient than the grey brushed metal, but I couldn't resist and was sold on the aesthetics.

So as long as the metal part is ok the screen can get all scratched up !!!!
I think you mean the M7 aswell

Back
Top Bottom