what foods can / can't you give up?

Soldato
I've given up Dairy, and massively cut down on bread.

The only real problem with my diet at the moment is the copious amounts of free office chocolate...

Oh and I gave up fizzy drinks a long time ago, and the vast majority of processed food too.

When people say 'bread' do they mean good bread (i.e. fresh baked) or do they mean that ****** cotton wool crap like Mothers Pride?

It is impossible to give up freshly baked bread. Fact.

Soldato
Very unlikely that a non-healthy diet would kill anyone that young.

It would have to be an exceptionally bad diet through binge eating also.

on a further not to what else was mentioned, too much running is also bad for you and could also lead to you dying younger.

I could give up anything if I wanted, I am cutting down on the fizzy juices and fast foods, starting to cook properly. The temptation is there, I actually gave in and had a pizza last night though :p

Soldato
'Change your lifestyle or you'll be dead within the year' is a catchphrase of most GPs. I have a friend who should have died every year for the last 10 years going by their advice (he is still very much alive and kicking).

Maybe but the statins and 2 lots of blood pressure tablets tend to say otherwise in this case.

Soldato
I could easily give up sugary things, swets, chocolate, fizzy drinks cake etc.

I cut back my cheese obsession to only using it in meals that need it, eg lasagne, chili etc (had an ex who put it on everything, including curry :S)

Crisps/savoury snacks are my weakness and in some instances have substituted a meal for a share bag of doritos....ideally I need to give these up, but at the moment I'm just consciously trying to cut back/not buy them, or learn portion control :)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
I could never give up meat! No homo.

Same, I don't know what I would do with my life if I didnt eat at least once piece of meat or fish a day.

I used to think I couldn't give up sweet stuff as I just HAD to have something every night...then I stopped being so weak minded and cut it down to once a week.

Soldato
I've almost fully converted now to a vegan/raw food diet, I don't miss red meat at all but will occasionally have chicken. I do miss cheese.

Never understood raw food diets, I don't see the point really.
What made you want too?

I probably couldn't give up anything as I don't really eat, and feel guilty if I buy any food that doesn't fit into a meal time.
So I don't buy them, outwith special occasions for others( birthdays, to be nice etc)
meals for me are means to an end, I need food to survive, so construct a meal with the parts I need. Usually whatever I can find that's cheapest.

Mp4

Mp4

Soldato
Given up:

fizzy drinks
milk in coffee
sugar in coffee/tea/breakfast cereal

Can't give up:

meat!
Coffee
Bread
Butter
Peanut Butter
Jam

Soldato
To be honest I could give up anything apart from Beer.

I don't care that much about food, while I like the taste of some over the others I have no real attachment or investment in a particular type of food.

Back
Top Bottom