Two honest iphone insurance claims within a month?

Associate
Insurance fraud. Have fun getting cover for cars etc ... in the future.

Hi guys

Basically I got insurance though halifax and my iphone 5 took a kicking and they replaced it with a shiny new 5c, now a week ago I dropped it from about 1 ft and it smashed the screen which I replaced and the part cost me 90, first time I have ever broke a screen and first time I had dropped it. Then today I was moving my pc into my room after changing the watercooling tubes to new ones and didn't see my phone and then thing dropped on top of it and smashed the screen again, I lost my temper and snapped the phone in half and then it catches fire and smoke fills the room!

Anyway after all that excitement I have just put in another claim but unsure whether the insurance company will be funny with me seeing as I have had the phone for about a month? anyone had to make two or more claims within a short period of time?

cheers

Soldato
I see where you're going, he's trying to cover up for mayonnaise damage, again.

;) though I would never condone such an act, expecially if it was before my own eyes.

He probably dropped it after overclocking the vibrate to 20x its usual power and speed, the pure power of the vibrate surged through his whole body causing every orifice to release liquids and what ever else, out of pure frustration of this he snaps his phone. The overclock causes the phone to overheat and set on fire.

Explained !!!

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Breaks phone, gets replacement. Breaks replacement in a week and self-fixes. Breaks again and tears it in half.

Remind me never to buy anything off you, ever.

Soldato
Admitting to insurance fraud is a bad idea on a public forum.

(if you said you purposely broke it in the claim there is 100% no chance you're getting the money back even with accidental cover. I imagine you lied tho)

Especially when there are members here who work for a company who deal with damaged phones from Halifax insurance claims ;) (In the same department in fact but I only repair laptops etc)

OP, your best bet is telling the truth, especially the part where you snapped it in anger. Everything you say is noted, even umms and ahhs (they are flagged as behavioural indicators). Stating it was your significant others phone is irrelevant too if it's under the same policy, it will still be seen as a new claim.

Last edited:
Don
Good going mate :D

You must have seen so many smashed iPhones by now to realise the glass they use it terrible.

also...

Occupation
Smartphone Repairs (retained firefighter)

Win :cool:

Soldato
I don't eat bread it's fatty

1365439885_girl_figures_out_how_to__zps58368f10.gif

Back
Top Bottom