Hissing hose

Soldato
Hello, I bought a Mondeo Mk3 2.5L V6 the other day, please help :)

So when I got home I heard this odd hissing sound coming from the side of the car, somewhat like air coming out of the tyre but on closer inspection it was very hot water hissing out of a hose:

mtxc1h.jpg

As you can see its a fairly thick hose that appears to lead into the radiator. Is this an urgent bad thing? The coolant tank was under the min line but am I right in saying that after a drive you have to wait for it to cool down to get the correct reading? Is it just a simple case of replacing the rusty clip or is it complicated to do so?

Thanks

Associate
First I'd replace that clip with a jubilee clip, you don't need to take the pipe off just move that clip down and cut it off. Undo the jubilee clip so that it goes over the pipe then tighten it up. It it still leaks replace the pipe, and as mentioned above, may as well replace the coolant as well. :)

Soldato
It's not a problem with the pipe - just the rusty clip losing clamping load. Replace with a Jubilee and all will be well.

I have a box of many of the right size here, drop me a message in trust and I can throw one in the post if you like.

Back
Top Bottom