***2014 Powerlifting Totals Thread***

Soldato
reiyushin ----------- 140 / 210(B) / 250(B) ---------------- [93] ---- 600

I attempted a 230 squat but it wasn't depth....but it will be mine soon!

In fact all 3 lifts are due an increase!

Associate
New PB's

Squated 170kG this morning, and Benched 132.5 last weekend.

Darryl_1983 ------- 132.5 / 170 / 220(s) ---------------- [95] ----- 522.5

Starting a bit of a cut for a couple of months now, just hoping that my lifts don't drop too much.

Associate
BOOM 200kg squat!

Just about... ish... sorta... lol

Not put this in the format you want yet as I'm not 100% sure it will count as I'm juuuust shy of parallel.

I got it on camera though and will upload to youtube when I have time and link it here for you guys to judge. Got 180 and 200 on video so you can see both. I used wraps for the first time, wow the spring at the bottom is amazing. 180 came up really easily, 200 was more of a grind but didn't feel too terrible. I think I could have got it from parallel but just didn't quite hit it.

You guys can be the judge anyways :)

Man of Honour
Couple of issues with the wraps...

Firstly, why are you using them?

Secondly, there shouldn't really be any equipped lifts in the table. I know there isn't a rule against it, but there should be. Otherwise, I could just throw on a slingshot and post an inflated bench number. Sure, I could declare the use of equipment, but it becomes a meaningless and unrelatable quantity.

Last edited:
Man of Honour

Secondly, there shouldn't really be any equipped lifts in the table. I know there isn't a rule against it, but there should be. Otherwise, I could just through on a slingshot and post an inflated bench number. Sure, I could declare the use of equipment, but it becomes a meaningless and unrelatable quantity.

It's ok - there is no video. ;) :D

Associate

Secondly, there shouldn't really be any equipped lifts in the table. I know there isn't a rule against it, but there should be. Otherwise, I could just throw on a slingshot and post an inflated bench number. Sure, I could declare the use of equipment, but it becomes a meaningless and unrelatable quantity.

Because it's clearly allowed/mentioned in the OP?

"Key:
(P) = Paused
(S) = Straps
(B) = Belt
(K) = Knee wraps
+ = Reps
* = Smith Machine"

There are a few guys who've used Straps in their deadlifts which allow them to lift more weight than they can do without them...

Also I wouldn't exactly consider some knee wraps in the same vein as a slingshot or shirt/squat suit etc.

And video will be up once I have time to upload to youtube :)

Edit: Just thought it might have sounded cocky or something, so wasn't my intention just genuine questions.

Edit2: Forgot to answer, I used straps for fun to see if I could go a bit heavier than usual. I don't compete or care about competing with anyone other than myself. Never squatted 200kg (heaviest I've done before was a 190 box squat) before and thought it would be cool. Also if I were to compete I thought most federations counted belt, knee wrips, wrist wraps as raw anyways? Equipped usually only counts suits I thought?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom