BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
You can get the Alpine upgrade for the E9x. Not too expensive, and should make a pretty big difference.

Lovely looking motor. One of my faves for sure.

52.3 mpg? You must have been taking it proper easy then...

Associate
You can get the Alpine upgrade for the E9x. Not too expensive, and should make a pretty big difference.

Lovely looking motor. One of my faves for sure.

52.3 mpg? You must have been taking it proper easy then...

Thanks, I have looked into the Alpine upgrade, however I've read about people having issues with quiet or ridiculously loud PDC/Gongs. Also unsure whether it needs coding? There seems to be conflicting info on that. A bit more punch would be nice, but the sound system is pretty reasonable now it has the tweeters.

As for the MPG... well I was on work time and getting paid business mileage. Usually play the MPG game in those circumstances :p It was mainly cruise set to 70mph with a few 40 & 50mph avg speed zones.

Associate
[TW]Fox;26175673 said:
How are people finding the wear on F10 Sport seats? Generally good or does the outside bolster get a little flatter over time?

mine just passed 63k , very little to no signs of wear to seated sides nor bolsters, the odd crease to be expected , but no folds as such :) I have treated them every couple of months with a cleaner/conditioner when i clean the inside.

Soldato
Just a quick question, I'm looking at Z4M's and wondering if it's worth holding out for one with the pop up sat nav system in the dash?
Or is it a bit crap and better off without it and using my phone with Copilot etc?
I'm not bothered about resale later down the line.

Neil.

Soldato
Menu airframe mount and your phone.

Works a treat in my M135 and have even plumbed in a charging cable for the phone and a dashcam.

Man of Honour

Neil.

It's all relative anyway. You buy one now and you'll spend more but you'll get your money back. Get one without and it'll be cheaper but also be worth slightly less later on down the line.

I'm looking to get it in a 3 series because I like the idea of having the iDrive system in the car with the various screens etc. Unsure what it's like in the Z4 though.

Soldato
OP
Just a quick question, I'm looking at Z4M's and wondering if it's worth holding out for one with the pop up sat nav system in the dash?
Or is it a bit crap and better off without it and using my phone with Copilot etc?

Neil.

I'd look for getting the best condition car possible, with or without sat nav. The satnav is crap and your phone will be much more up to date and effective. However the satnav option does add to the price so if it came down to the better condition car without satnav, I'd take it every time.

Soldato
Shameless new car picture time! Very pleased with my purchase - a one owner 2006 325i with 50k on the clock, I think I found as tidy a car as I could for 8 years old:

1378644_10153106867565021_6738370781750181170_n.jpg

Associate

Neil.

The nav itself isn't that great, but gives you the ability to add an Intravee to connect an iPod into the car and control it with the factory radio and steering controls. Depends how important that is to you.

Soldato
Shameless new car picture time! Very pleased with my purchase - a one owner 2006 325i with 50k on the clock, I think I found as tidy a car as I could for 8 years old:

1378644_10153106867565021_6738370781750181170_n.jpg

Looks tidy, dare I ask price? I kinda fancied a 325 touring but there were next to none about at sensible money

Soldato
Looks tidy, dare I ask price? I kinda fancied a 325 touring but there were next to none about at sensible money

They do seem very rare, there are fewer than 10 nationally at the moment (and only two or three 330i tourings, which I was also keeping an eye on). All the higher mileage cheaper cars going for £6k+ were a fair bit tattier than the £8-9k cars I saw. I paid £8k for mine.

Soldato
my first 2 weeks with my 330i, ive used half a tank and done 120miles :(

coming from a 1.6 focus i just cant help my self :(

No point having all that grunt there if you don't enjoy it from time to time ;):)

AndyH_Lufc, my mirrors don't fold either, nor does the sunroof close, via the fob that is.

A trader on the M3Cutters forum will code quite a few options for £50 so worth a look if it's really bothering you.

Soldato
whats the best way to get my ipod working in my 57 plate E92?

I have idrive.

Ive read of the bmw ipod intigration things, but they seem expensive and have read that they sometimes dont even work properly.

I have a cd changer in the boot but want my ipod controlled through idrive if poss.

Back
Top Bottom