Votes: 268 43.9%
  • Don't ban either.

Votes: 69 11.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

One

One

Soldato
Shouldn't ban it because of freedom of speech and expression and all that nice stuff we currently benefit from. We should be able to discriminate against people based on their religion though. I wouldn't want to employ a religious person for example, but currently it's illegal to restrict employment based on religion.

Man of Honour
How many people go to church now compared to 50yrs ago, religion is killing itself

Our church was wonderfully packed today. :)

But you're right modern lifestyles seem to have pushed people away from their faith. It is a shame. However people are free to live their lives as they see fit, the joys of modern life. :)

I think that religion should be mature decision i.e. age of consent 16-18 like driver's license, playing the lottery, having kids, being employed, alcohol etc. I think indoctrination / brainwashing of minors should be banned.

I don't think that the OP should be banned - it's a reasonable question IMO. The fact that he posted this on Easter Sunday shouldn't cloud the Dons' judgement.

Permabanned
I'll wait for the 'We have a new Don' thread to announce it, then. Just give me a heads up before you do it so I can prepare my acceptance speech. :D

Soldato
Banning Christianity doesn't work, whenever it's happened elsewhere the Church has only grown. It certainly wouldn't stop me from being a Christian.

Banning RE lessons makes no sense, understanding someone else's beliefs helps to stop prejudice.

Soldato
From a practical standpoint you would never be able to enforce a ban on religion. As you would be unable to stop people from practising their religion behind closed doors without resorting to extreme measures.

Soldato
Our church was wonderfully packed today. :)

But you're right modern lifestyles seem to have pushed people away from their faith. It is a shame. However people are free to live their lives as they see fit, the joys of modern life. :)

I always find it funny how people think their churches are getting busier when all the evidence shows that the reason for this is because Churches are shutting down at a rate of knots and people are having to all go to the ones that remain.

It's not modern lifestyle thats pushed people away from faith, its modern access to knowledge and people having the ability to see "faith" for what it is, pointless and nonsensical.

Back
Top Bottom