Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

Caporegime
Still twiddling my thumbs :p Will order on Monday night, nothing will be sent out till Tuesday :( tbh considering going for the white one ATM :eek: kind of feel like a change from black phones....

Yeah yeah, you just like it because of the apple logo on the back!!! ;) :p :D

Soldato
You on a 5S again Mike? Nice one. #TeamiPhone ;) :p

I've never had the 5s mate (had 4s!), and sound like a complete apple fan boy when asked about the camera.... but it genuinely is significantly faster than the 4s!

I can't remember if its you or Stoosh who has the iphone, but I'll go with you and indeed, go #TeamiPhone

! :p

Man of Honour
I've never had the 5s mate (had 4s!), and sound like a complete apple fan boy when asked about the camera.... but it genuinely is significantly faster than the 4s!

I can't remember if its you or Stoosh who has the iphone, but I'll go with you and indeed, go #TeamiPhone

I want a bigger screen but iOS is ideal for what I do on my phone and there's nothing better so I'm happy on the iPhone. I got an M8 and it was near perfect except for the fact it ran Android. :eek: :(

I like my 5S though, a lot actually, TouchID is surprisingly good too. I don't think stoosh has had any iPhones, recently at least. :p

Soldato
I want a bigger screen but iOS is ideal for what I do on my phone and there's nothing better so I'm happy on the iPhone. I got an M8 and it was near perfect except for the fact it ran Android. :eek: :(

I like my 5S though, a lot actually, TouchID is surprisingly good too. I don't think stoosh has had any iPhones, recently at least. :p

I can't believe the battery life, assuming its usage statistics are correct. I feel dirty talking about it in an android thread so I'm sorry to everyone else ;) I find touchID fantastic, the camera to be pretty damn decent too.

I've gone 4s, S4, 4s, N4, 4s, N5, Note3, (nokia 100), S4, 4s and now 5s! Its been a hell of a ride ;)

Man of Honour
What do you use the TouchID for? I have it turned off on mine at the moment.

Unlocking the phone (and occasionally validating purchases). It's actually faster than swipe to unlock even if you don't have a pin code. With TouchID you get a pin code (essentially) and it's faster anyway. I wasn't planning on using it but I see no reason not to as it's so good!

Soldato

Me with an iPhone? Never.... I rather by a windows mobile phone! :D:p

Associate
Has anyone with the Moto X got a slight bulge in the back casing just down and to the right of the speaker?

It almost feels like one of the internal components is just a bit too big although looking at the ifixit tear down there doesn't seem to be much there!

It's too small to come out in a photo but is definitely there!

Associate
Would like to see that with the Moto-X in there.

My phone/s sit on a beanbag on my desk at work, so are often viewed from 'silly' angles, so am really appreciating the AMOLED of the Moto-x at the moment.

Caporegime
Nexus did you order one?

As said, went with the n5 in the end for these reasons:

- guaranteed support and fast updates (main reason, so ****ing fed up with getting a phone only for it to be dropped for support or/and take 4+ months for an update to arrive...... and with the new moto x coming out around summer, just like every other company and their previous devices, updates will take even longer to arrive for the previous flagship devices :()
- NFC (at first I thought meh but then remembered the tags and how you just touch your phone against them and automate things so quite handy imo!)
- biggish nice screen (imo)
- great camera overall, especially in low light (where I want an improvement in mobile camera!)

Moto x without a doubt had the:

- better feel/ergonomics (without a doubt the best feel and most comfortable phone to hold atm)
- slightly better battery (mixed reviews on this area, some say moto x is a lot better, some say they are roughly the same and a few think the n5 is better :confused:)
- better speaker and SAMOLED screen + activ notifications

Camera on the moto x looks decent overall but looks terrible in low light........

And If I am disappointed with the nexus 5, I will just return it and try the moto x out and if it doesn't impress me either, return it and wait for the next nexus or moto x :p

I would much prefer to have SAMOLED especially for the activ notifications but going by my friends nexus 5 device, the screen looked great imo, as shown by kona, diagonal viewing angles are poor though, I don't use the black home screen setup any more these days, going for the kit kat transparency look :p so true blacks aren't too much of an issue for me but still nice to have anyway.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
What's up with the 5s in that picture? The IPS panel is the best I've seen (PPI aside), or at least on par with the M8.

The viewing angles are almost indistinguishable from an S4, too.

Soldato
Maybe multiple suppliers?

I have a mate with a iphone 5 at work..will check his black performance next time.

Nexus - great black levels add to the overall depth of display quality - it's like an IQ foundation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom