Grid autosport

kdd

kdd

Soldato
Game: GRID Autosport

Platforms: PS3, XBOX 360, PC DVD.

Release: June 27, 2014.

10169338_613214632093585_2310686679526278412_n.jpg

New GRID is not next gen, but a motorsport oriented sequel for PS3, XB360 and PC.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/04/22/grid-autosport-announced

Supported wheels/controllers all formats http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/grid-autosport-supported-wheels/

*ACHIEVEMENT/TOPHY LIST* http://blog.codemasters.com/grid/05/grid-autosport-achievement-list/

BUILD A PRO RACING CAREER
EXPERIENCE DIFFERENT RACING STYLES
WIDE RANGE OF SERIES
A WORLD OF AUTOSPORT
RACENET MULTIPLAYER INTEGRATION
REALISTIC AI
PERFORMANCE UPGRADES & TUNING
INTENSE RACING
FEEDBACK DRIVEN DEVELOPMENT

Last edited:
Associate
The changes they state sound promising (linky to codies post), but after Grid 2 I am just going to remain cautious about it and see how it turns out. Maybe pick it up down the line after I've seen reviews and impressions of it, part of me still regrets buying grid 2 at release tbh :\ It had it's fun moments, especially with others on mp, but yeah.

Caporegime
LOL just bring back TOCA or a new BMX Simulator! Guess they want another game out of their engine before they rehaul it for current gen...

ps3ud0 :cool:

Associate
Someone on gaf who appears to work for codies did say this about the new consoles, "Next-gen GRID will come in time, we're not going to rush that and get a game that can only run at 720/30 or something similar, next gen has to look and feel like 'next gen' for us."

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
Pleased they have put more realistic handling in rather than the slipply slidy affair that was grid 2, F1 2013 had very robust and enjoyable handling so hopefully G will emulate this.

Soldato
It has been noticable in recent years that racing games all seem to have moved towards the whole "throw you into a race a few places down, and give you 5 laps to win it" model.

Playing F1 2013 recently has made me realise how much I missed having a genuine racing experience, with decent lengths of racing.

If, by 'going back to TOCA', they're talking about the really old touring car sims, then that sounds very promising. If that hilarious Volvo estate touring car makes an appearance, then I'm definitely buying!

Associate
I liked the first Grid was really good. Didn't think much of number 2. Would love to see an old Toca racing game again, Was a great game at the time.

Caporegime
Looks like the original GRID engine, and tracks. Infact the colours of the rivals is even the same black on grey as GRID.

So this looks like a sort of remake come rehash of GRID using the old engine on old hardware? So basically, GRID, but without broken MP?

Fine by me! :D

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
Looks like the original GRID engine, and tracks. Infact the colours of the rivals is even the same black on grey as GRID.

So this looks like a sort of remake come rehash of GRID using the old engine on old hardware? So basically, GRID, but without broken MP?

Fine by me! :D

Most of it is new apparently, lots of new tracks and content.

kdd

kdd

Soldato
OP
Beaten by muggs...post #3...like...5 days ago :D

A move back to a more TOCA experience would be welcomed by all I think.

Haha didn't notice that! More TOCAesque is what Codies seem to be touting, more authentic race series and more real tracks.

Back
Top Bottom