*** The Official Playstation 4 (PS4) Thread ***

Soldato
I've found that if I have it auto login a user that the cloud save uploading stops working, since I set it so I have to choose the user at start up the cloud uploading has worked flawlessly.

will try that thanks dude

is there a way of forcing a save to the cloud? finally got back to where I was before after putting in some solid hours today :D

Soldato
You was robbed if you paid £500 for a ps4 with ps+ sub.. these things happen. Calm down and put a couple hours back into the game, you will be back at 50%

I've lost a hell of a lot more in the past with a broken ps3 (which did cost the neck end of £500) what ever you do, don't try and complete the single player campaign of bf4 :p

I had 30 hours on Fallout 3 once, then manually saved the game one afternoon. (this takes about 2 seconds). At that exact moment, there was a power cut. (we get about 1 every 3 years...)

Save was just gone when I checked as it deletes old save, then writes new one. I was pretty furious about that but went back and did it again a year later!

Soldato
I had 30 hours on Fallout 3 once, then manually saved the game one afternoon. (this takes about 2 seconds). At that exact moment, there was a power cut. (we get about 1 every 3 years...)

Save was just gone when I checked as it deletes old save, then writes new one. I was pretty furious about that but went back and did it again a year later!

That sounds soul destroying! What terrible timing

Soldato
That sounds soul destroying! What terrible timing

It was - even more so because I had tried the game a while before that and never got into it. But got the GotY edition and eneded up loving it so went for the Platinum to do everything. Got almost all of it done then that happened so for a while I didn't want to go near the game.

Did do it eventually though.

Another reason why doing 2 saves every time is useful. You never know what can happen!

Soldato

sounds pretty soul destroying. I lost a fair few games worth of saves (including fall out 3) on the ps3. I'd never backed up the system ever from new. Then one day it died, got a replacement from Sony, exchanged the hdd... It forces you to format :/.

The one that sticks with me though was my first play through of FF7. I was addicted and spent something like 18hrs getting the gold chocobo (no guide) and kotr. Only I was a child and had been up all night, my mother comes in has a little rage at me being up all night and turns the ps1 off. Of course I have saved. Haven't I? ...... Nnnooo lol

Caporegime
OP
Stumbled upon this.. Funny because I always come across comments saying the Xbone has more games.. That's not the case apparently.

Most of the games on PS4 are those small crappy arcade games which are like 200-400 MB in size, personally I don't really see them as proper next gen titles.

Also War Thunder is missing from the list which makes you think what else is missing from the list.

I think people complain because we haven't had many stellar games or completely new like titanfall, dead rising and forza on the XB1. We have only had infamous iirc and that's it so far.

I think peoples expectations are very high for a launch console personally and tbh most people should have just stuck to the ps3 for another year or so. I also think Sony were not planning on launching the ps4 this soon but as soon as MS announced XB1 they then had to quickly get everything up and running which meant developers never had the same amount of time MS ones have had to make next gen titles meaning the PS4 is playing catch up.

Drive Club is an example of this, was meant to be launched at launch, 6 months later and still no sign of it.

People complaining at a lack of games must not play hugely popular titles such as COD, BF4, FIFA, NFS, etc. Which are available on both. They must be looking for those special games which are exclusive, etc.

I still haven't had time to start tomb raider yet even though I own it, so personally I'm in the opposite boat, I cannot find enough time to fit gaming in and I have more than enough titles to last me for quite a while.

Back
Top Bottom