Mouse recommendations

Associate
My faithful MX510 is beginning to have click problems, so I need to replace it. I once read that the MX518 was the last gaming mouse that didn't have built-in lag because of an onboard processor, or something like that. Apparently the MX518 is so rare now, just look at that price! I'm not prepared to buy a used mouse.

So, what's the best wired (I don't want extra lag and battery weight) gaming mouse these days that doesn't have any built-in lag? Is what I read BS? I mostly play FPS and Rift, and I'll need to use the mouse in linux. I don't care about linux software support — as long as every button is recognised by X, I can map them. Should I get the G502? Reluctant to pay more than like £80.

Soldato
For a lower budget, of around £20-30 I have personally found the SS Kinzu V2 Pro to be faultless and I actually prefer it to the G400 (MX518 remake).

If you want to push the budget more the Zowie AM/EC1/FKs are fantastic mice and very reliable. I wouldnt consider anything else at this budget.

Associate
OP
Looking into them now :D

What I don't understand is all the mice I've seen so far have big feet. Surely you want the smallest surface area touching the mat/desk/whatever as possible, not something as big as, for example, this, where the front and rear feet span the entire width of the mouse? Surely that results in a lot of unnecessary friction? My MX510 has comparatively tiny feet, and it glides smoothly across my ridged glass board.

Associate
As an ex-MX510/518 user, I'd recommend the Mionix Naos 7000. No issues with the sensor so far and it feels amazing in the hand, my only gripe is the stiff braided cable. I'm not sure about linux support for it.

Associate
OP
As an ex-MX510/518 user, I'd recommend the Mionix Naos 7000. No issues with the sensor so far and it feels amazing in the hand, my only gripe is the stiff braided cable.

It looks too big to be able to pick up, like the little finger is supposed to rest on the right edge rather than the side…

Associate
OP
Some guild members are recommending a Razer Naga of some type. What do you think of those? Other than the number of thumb buttons, are the other mice mentioned in this thread better?

Back
Top Bottom