***The Official Battlefield 4 Thread***

kdd

kdd

Soldato
its definitely more polished than BF4.

game needs to get rid of 3d spotting audio spotting and lock on warfare and make proper scalable maps.

be a much more enjoyable game then .

A lot of people have walked from BF4 because the consensus from a lot of pc gamer is that it is an unfinished game and many of its lauded features are implemented poorly, BF3 has a lot of polish and playability, solid netcode and does what it does so effectively. For me BF4 was part of a two pronged attack with the sole aim of killing CoD, who cares if it doesn't work properly, BF4 was different and better than Cod Ghosts in so many ways, then Titanfall delivers a further CoD killing blow. More about market share than gaming, or indeed about delivering a quality product.

Soldato
it's a server issue, can only be fixed by upgrading servers which means more money being pumped into upgrading, maintaining them and providing more bandwidth for them.

something EA will never do IMO.

Which is the number 1 problem with this game. No amount of talk from DICE about fixing things is ever going to result in anything actually being fixed while they are still using the same crappy servers. I honestly don't blame DICE at all. I think they want to fix the problems but have their hands tied by EA.

Associate
Which is the number 1 problem with this game. No amount of talk from DICE about fixing things is ever going to result in anything actually being fixed while they are still using the same crappy servers. I honestly don't blame DICE at all. I think they want to fix the problems but have their hands tied by EA.

Surely dice would have had a choice whether to work with ea or not, I don't think they are totally innocent.

Associate
True the maps are not as well set up for Rush but there is typically 5-6 of us on and as we played BF3 together and are all mates we work well together so we can overcome the commander issue fairly often.
As long as the other team members are at leats average at the game. If they really suck then even 5-6 of us isn't enough.

I jumped in a Rush server with you guys the other day, had a good few rounds. Attacking in Rush you really need a team that PTFO's (revives are a bonus!) otherwise your team will just bleed tickets too quickly!

I find most maps are fine though it's just the odd MCOM - one of the Naval Strike maps is the worst where you attack from the water but don't have an attack boat or attack chopper which is just crazy.
I played that the other day, it might be Operation Mortar? Terrible map to attack on, I rage quit :S

Associate
Well, Just jumped on for a few quick games and less than five mins later I've quit.
only 2/3 servers showing in the browser, bullets doing no damage (3 direct shotgun hits and the guy has 92% health when he kills me), walking though walls on locker and Hainan (maybe others but I quit).
Don't know what's happened but the game seems totally different from yesterday when I was actually doing ok. now it's an unplayable piece of garbage, like a huge chunk of codes gone or something. Not sure why hardly any games are showing in the browser neither.

Caporegime
OP
thats down to the fact that some servers are worse than others. Its the same with the rubber banding as well, some servers do, some don't. It doesn't happen 100 % all of the time.

It could be a memory like, which is why DICE have said they are now rebooting all servers every 2 weeks.

Soldato
I jumped in a Rush server with you guys the other day, had a good few rounds. Attacking in Rush you really need a team that PTFO's (revives are a bonus!) otherwise your team will just bleed tickets too quickly!

I played that the other day, it might be Operation Mortar? Terrible map to attack on, I rage quit :S

Yeah I noticed you in there - wasn't hard as you were at the top!!
I haven't really been on it at all lately as I've been trying out different guns but hasn't faired well so might be best to stick with what I like best.

When we actually play well we usually always win but sometimes beer gets in the way at weekends and we don't do that great. But feel free to join anytime as at least you know we'll be working as a team.

And yeah that must be the one on NS. There is really nothing you can do. You have to travel 600+ metres over open water onto an island in a vehicle that has no offensive capabilities against 10+ javelins...lol Not fun.

At leats on Metro you can push forward as a team and push them behind the MCOM if you're team is good enough and moves forward as a unit.

Will probably be going on for a full evening on Sat night unless we manage to make any actual plans.

Soldato
I'm told by my mates that they have updated the servers and that last night they played Carrier Assault and it ran really smoothly all night.

I'll believe it when it still does so after 2 weeks - but is this a tiny pin ***** sized light at the end of the tunnel?

Caporegime
thats down to the fact that some servers are worse than others. Its the same with the rubber banding as well, some servers do, some don't. It doesn't happen 100 % all of the time.

It could be a memory like, which is why DICE have said they are now rebooting all servers every 2 weeks.

if it is a memory leak, then once every 2 weeks won't be enough IMO.

it also depends on how they are reset, whether it's a soft reset or a hard reset.

I would prefer a soft reset everyday at say 12 noon and a hard reset once a week say the day on which people play the least on (monday/tuesday at 12 noon).

Soldato
if it is a memory leak, then once every 2 weeks won't be enough IMO.

it also depends on how they are reset, whether it's a soft reset or a hard reset.

I would prefer a soft reset everyday at say 12 noon and a hard reset once a week say the day on which people play the least on (monday/tuesday at 12 noon).

You managed to diagnose what was needed from your armchair?

Impressive stuff!

Caporegime
You managed to diagnose what was needed from your armchair?

Impressive stuff!

going off what used to happen on CSS servers, they were usually soft reset everyday and then hard reset when it got really laggy and the people that ran the server were on steam.

everyone knows its a server issue and resetting them once every 2 weeks won't fix it. that would only work if there were 100 people using the servers a day, it's hundreds of thousands of people though and you can see how that number of people could cause a memory leak to clog up the servers very quickly.

Soldato
What are the chances of me being able to get a refund on BF4 Premium? Feel absolutely robbed, with a game that is far too often verging on unplayable.

Caporegime
What are the chances of me being able to get a refund on BF4 Premium? Feel absolutely robbed, with a game that is far too often verging on unplayable.

the only chance of that is if you can get a lot (thousands) of people to complain to watch dog.

the last time an EA game was featured on watch dog they fixed a problem which had been ongoing for 6+ months within 2 weeks.

Associate
Yep you would need to get a campaign going and get lots of people to complain about it being a faulty product(effectively).
Other than that, go play warface for a bit and you'll soon think battlefield 4 is an amazing game with no problems at all.

Back
Top Bottom