The "New Gear/Willy Waving" thread

Soldato
:D (sorry for crappy phone pic)

5D3-Box.jpg

And

And

Associate
They're for a 500mm (F4 L IS) which my missus will be using. It's a bit lighter than the 5542LS/Wimberley combo I was using and which now carries a 600mm lens. I use a monopod (Gitzo 5541/Wimberley clamp) quite a bit as well.

Soldato
I'm a complete novice when it comes to photography, but having come to realise the limitations of the kit lens (having previously bought a nifty) I thought it time to purchase something of a little better quality.

Caporegime
You'll probably be disappointed with the build quality and the fact you have to shell out another £30 for a lens hood but the image quality more than makes up for it.

Nice Vertigo,enjoy:)
a well know dept store had a unused but opened 5Diii with 24-105Lis usm
for £2200,was tempted but they took too long seeing if i could get a store card so i didn't bother :)
can't wait to see some of your pics with it.

They probably done you a favour, £2200 on a store card would not be pretty.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Close to buying a D800. Kept putting off the purchase due to uncertain financial/job situations, buying a house, having a baby. Now i think it is now or never. Sticking point is the D7100 is such an amazing camera for a fraction of the cost!

Soldato
I'm a complete novice when it comes to photography, but having come to realise the limitations of the kit lens (having previously bought a nifty) I thought it time to purchase something of a little better quality.

Something of a "little better quality"?!

Sorry, you failed, that's a LOT better quality! :p :D

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
New umbrellas!

59" Hobos :)D)
parabolic_hobo_A26A2260.jpg

parabolic_open_A26A2262.jpg

parabolic_stems_A26A2263.jpg

Initial impressions are they're large, very large. heavy and high quality and the ribs are fibre material and the middle rod is solid metal. These won't bend after a knock like cheaper ones have done in the past for sure :p

Something similar from WEX etc would cost around double the price having had a look around.

Back
Top Bottom