WP8.1

Man of Honour
OP
Far to late to save WP8 though. Some of this stuff (I.e. seperate audio and ringer volumes) is utterly basic, base line stuff that should have been in since day 1.

To late? Late yes to late, not a chance. Fastest growing mobile in EU top 5, with over 10% of sales in a fair few EU countries.
With social media comments about wp8 looking up over the last few months

Soldato
Battery on my Lumia 920 is still going bananas. Not lasting any more than 15 hours compared to 20-24hrs with full BT, Wireless and 3G.

Any previously blocked apps no longer run in background.

Lets hope when firmware and Nokia updates soon helps stop the drain...

Soldato
Mine is sorted now, emails were set to download dependant of my usage, whatever that means. I've stuck it back to 30 mins, went through the battery saver and disabled a few apps from background running and I'm back to pretty much how I was before.

I can't have glance on tho, that just destroys battery!

Man of Honour
OP
In that case, how?

Also new update to onedrive, so can now press share on files/photos etc and can upload to one drive.
Must install now as it was taken out of 8.1 so they can update it independtly of the os.

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine is sorted now, emails were set to download dependant of my usage, whatever that means. I've stuck it back to 30 mins, went through the battery saver and disabled a few apps from background running and I'm back to pretty much how I was before.

I can't have glance on tho, that just destroys battery!

Do you have Cortana?
I've got mine turned on.

Man of Honour
OP
Odd glance has suddenly started working. However true calendar has died. True calendar updated today, so that explains that one.

Reinstalled true, now both are working, Wahoo another app that has enable translucent. Wonder when Facebook will update, as atm, to have translucent means losing live tile.

zqbu.png

Got to say I'm using Cortana to set alarms. As it changes day to day. However I don't like how I have a list of dozens of alarms now. I wish it had one alarm it updated, or be able to name alarms. Find it faster than opening the app and doing it manually.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
OP
Nokia mixradio. But then Ai don't need anything special. as long as it can randomise the entire collection I'm happy.

Xbox music has an update, incoming "soon"

Soldato
No Cortana, no.
I think that is where I'm losing most battery, many reported the same thing...

Nokia mixradio. But then Ai don't need anything special. as long as it can randomise the entire collection I'm happy.

Xbox music has an update, incoming "soon"

Updated Music, still slow and useless. Changed to Nokia mixradio as it starts up faster and have the exact same interface now. I have over 10 gigs of music and when I add new, now I need to go look for it rather than a 'Recently added' list as before :/

Back
Top Bottom