Mouse recommendations

Associate
It looks too big to be able to pick up, like the little finger is supposed to rest on the right edge rather than the side…

Sorry, meant to reply sooner.

It can be a bit tricky to pick up but it's not the size that's the cause, the surface is a bit slippery if you have dry hands but after a couple of minutes using it, your hand warms up and it's as easy to grip as any other mouse.

Having had it for a few weeks, I really think mice in this sort of shape are the way of the future, it's just a really comfortable and natural grip. The G400 shape feels weird to me now and I grew up using a MX510/518.

Associate
OP
Thanks for your input, guys. I went for the G502. It arrived today and so far I like it. I've only had a couple of games of Quake Live and I think I performed [even ;)] better than usual. It works surprisingly well in Linux, despite the Logitech software not supporting it there. Because of that, if you want to reconfigure it, it'll have to be done in Microsoft's Windows. It can remember the settings, so they'll work in Linux. For example, I had a game of Xonotic in Linux and was able to use the settings I had configured in Windows to change DPI in-game.

Permabanned
Instead of making a new thread exactly the same as this one. I currently have a steel series kinzu v2 and have been disappointed with build quality of the mouse after the left click has started to lose quality and its not even that old and the mouse wheel was poor quality from first use.

These are the options that i am considering.

Zowie FK Pro
SteelSeries Rival
Razer DeathAdder 2013

I am thinking twice about the steel series due to the build quality of the kinzu being so poor and the razer being a bit too expensive. Leaning towards the zowie.

Any suggestions?

Not looking for additional buttons, the main aspect im looking for is a high quality mouse wheel and buttons.

Last edited:
Associate
G400. You obviously like Logitech, stick to what you know best.

G400 has a very well known bug with the cable at the point where it connects to the mouse. It gets micro fractures and starts disconnecting the mouse at random. I had mine replaced with G400s but the QC on the G400s is not good at all and the main click buttons are not up to the standard of the competition. The Logitech RMA (which is pretty much the best one I've seen across the whole IT industry) and the general feel of the mouse + the sensor are great but the button clicks are just not to up to the par of the rest of the mouse. Scroll is as bad as on the G400. Would never buy a Logitech gaming mouse and would not recommend to anyone to do the same. :)
But I've heard bad stuff about Razer, Roccat, Steelseries and pretty much everyone else in the industry, so it is a gamble after all. :D
Instead of making a new thread exactly the same as this one. I currently have a steel series kinzu v2 and have been disappointed with build quality of the mouse after the left click has started to lose quality and its not even that old and the mouse wheel was poor quality from first use.
Was not happy with the quality of the clicks of my replacement G400s. They sent me a new one which was actually worse than the first. :D Then I just gave up and just scratched Logitech as a viable high quality option.

Last edited:
Associate
Being honest, recently got my hands on the Gamdias Zeus esports edition. Was quite worried about shape but actually really comfortable. Costs a bit more than some mice but comes with enough functions to make it worth while. Definitely something I can see myself using at least for a long time and I'm on PC god knows how many hours a day. Seems to be very high quality tbh. I'm someone who taps my mouse and smashes it around a lot and it seems really sturdy.

Man of Honour

These are the options that i am considering.

Zowie FK Pro
SteelSeries Rival
Razer DeathAdder 2013

I am thinking twice about the steel series due to the build quality of the kinzu being so poor and the razer being a bit too expensive. Leaning towards the zowie.

Any suggestions?

Not looking for additional buttons, the main aspect im looking for is a high quality mouse wheel and buttons.

I'm a big fan of the Zowie FKs but the mouse wheel on them is probably not the best aspect of the mouse - though it was one of the focuses on changes for the 2014 model which I've not tried yet. Its not bad as such but takes a little more force and doesn't produce as much input per activation as some other mice IIRC pro v 2014 they increased it from 16 notches to 24 and made it a tiny bit easier to fast rotate which should help a bit (its a clicky one).

Soldato
The Corsair M65. I bought one recently as my second razor mouse developed a fault with the right button (which seems to be a common problem with them across their whole range, the plastic between the button and switch eventually give way).

It's a very solid mouse, feels a LOT tougher than any other mouse I've owned and has a nice weight to it. The plastics are thick and it has a metal chassis.

Last edited:
Associate
I've been using a Gigabyte Krypton Dual Chassis for the last year or so and it still feels as solid today as it did when i bought it and its the same kind of shape as those older Logitech mice.

I have known of them having mouse wheel issues (most company's seem to always have when they release new peripherals) with them squeaking or just plain breaking, maybe i got lucky.

Soldato
I've just ordered a Mionix Naos 8200 bundled with an Ensis 320 at a bloody silly price.

When it arrives, i'll test it on my leather Ikea KNÖS pad, the bundled Ensis and my Razer Scarab, as well as compare it with my G9x. :)

Soldato
I've just ordered a Mionix Naos 8200 bundled with an Ensis 320 at a bloody silly price.

When it arrives, i'll test it on my leather Ikea KNÖS pad, the bundled Ensis and my Razer Scarab, as well as compare it with my G9x. :)

I have the naos 7000 - one of the best mice I've ever used hands down

Back
Top Bottom