jeremy clarkson v the mail and mirror

Soldato
Maybe if Top Gear got dragged over to sky it might do them some good, they might get given enough of a budget to make more than 6 episodes a decade :p

Soldato
This came from a clip that wasn't aired, and only sounds suspect when digitally enhanced. What's the issue?

Clarkson wrote an email to the shows producer 7 years ago saying he wasn't happy with that cut as it sounds likes he's saying something he shouldn't and could they re-edit it.

Whats the problem?

Do we know yet where this clip came from? Was someone poking around in the BBC archives trying to dig up dirt or something?

v0n

v0n

Soldato
The clip comes from rushes, these are usually not stored, it's a different take, which after editing material to final form would usually be discarded as you rarely keep anything that didn't make it into broadcast for two years unless it's funny and can be used for DVD extras or something. So effectively, someone from production or editing team kept hand picked outtakes as leverage or press floggable item for those years and monetised the stash now.

There are two elements that could bury Jezza:
one - he was sure there was no material to prove Mirror claim that's why he denied it at first. Which means he thought all the rushes were gone, that they had control over those drives or tapes. He was certain they were discarded. Any experienced journalist knew that Mirror wouldn't run with the story unless they had a smoking gun. Effectively this treason must have been arranged by someone very close with top level access and grudge/agenda going back several years. Treason that close, from inside of the production team can destroy a man. You could even provoke buffoon behaviour just to get it on tape, if that was the agenda.
two - if there is anything else that was sold in a batch. Anything at all, any outtake, any other footage, in car camera, any wireless mic recording when they were off camera of any joke, jibe or private conversation that can be taken out of context and used against him, if timed properly, will take Clarkson off the air.

Last edited:
Soldato
one - he was sure there was no material to prove Mirror claim that's why he denied it at first. Which means he thought all the rushes were gone, that they had control over those drives or tapes. He was certain they were discarded. Any experienced journalist knew that Mirror wouldn't run with the story unless they had a smoking gun.
I don't think that - he didn't deny it 'at first', he's still denying it. He denied it, then apologised for mumbling something that might be misconstrued as saying it, then in his column today says "I've always thought I'd be sacked for something I said. Not for something that actually, I didn't say".

That and the article included reference to and a copy of the footage.

Last edited:
Associate
Funny how some people are chewing a wasp over this. I watched 'A Bronx Tale' on BBC1 the other day and it was littered with the N word. Why no uproar over this?

The last time I watched 'The Dambusters', Guy Gibson VC had a black Labrador called guess what? And yes it was called that in the movie.

No doubt members of the PC brigade would strip him of the VC and desecrate his grave.

Soldato
The clip comes from rushes, these are usually not stored, it's a different take, which after editing material to final form would usually be discarded as you rarely keep anything that didn't make it into broadcast for two years unless it's funny and can be used for DVD extras or something. So effectively, someone from production or editing team kept hand picked outtakes as leverage or press floggable item for those years and monetised the stash now.

He thought all the rushes were gone, that they had control over those drives or tapes. He was certain they were discarded.

Effectively this treason must have been arranged by someone very close with top level access and grudge/agenda going back several years. Treason that close, from inside of the production team can destroy a man. You could even provoke buffoon behaviour just to get it on tape, if that was the agenda.
two - if there is anything else that was sold in a batch. Anything at all, any outtake, any other footage, in car camera, any wireless mic recording when they were off camera of any joke, jibe or private conversation that can be taken out of context and used against him, if timed properly, will take Clarkson off the air.
Thanks. Pretty much as I guessed.

The BBC protected Saville, Hall, etc etc. But Clarkson? Let's try and shop him. Nice one BBC :rolleyes:.

Soldato
Not sure if relevant
I think it probably is. Not only does Lee explain the importance of context, it's probably highlighted most by the fact that he uses the N word, un-censored, in this clip. This was broadcast on BBC2 in March/April 2014. The use of the word isn't in and of itself offensive.

I wish some of the idiots on Twitter could maybe work this out, then they might be able to work out why what Ron Atkinson said is not "the same thing" as what Jeremy Clarkson is supposed to have said.

Soldato
People who have a go at clarkson are just striking out that the fact that he says what they think.... he just has the balls to do it.

I would vote him into parliament just to **** the status quo off!

All this political correctness is vomit inducing crud...

As i usual tory voter i am now voting UKIP for no other reason than i am SICK AND TIRED or gutless wimps who run the country for the only reason being to line their pockets. Clarkson is a victim of the pathetic race to be totally non offensive to anyone... well I AM OFFENDED at people being offended! but of course being a white male that means jack!

And if anyone really REALLLY believes the bbc isnt just the toy of the ruling elite... well then i feel sorry for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
Not sure if serious.

oh deadly serious.... the tories are pathetic now.

No party is serious anymore... they are all utterly corrupt and useless, the only way to make them sit up and take note is to vote for muppets and MAYBE they will listen!

Lets face it democracy just isnt working... the current lot are utterly useless at everything, apart from lining their pockets.

Of course ocuk forums are tory party central so i expect ridicule...

This clarkson row is just making me vent... but its just another example of the utter gutless way people in the media and politics behave! its like they will say or do ANYTHING if they think it is popular!

Did thatcher care what others thought? did she hell!! she just did what needed to be done and sod popularity.

Last edited:
Soldato
Absolute total non-story!

The BBC are bloody hypocrites when it comes to **** like this. 6Music censors 'Oliver's Army' yet Elvis Costello's set, complete with said classic song, at Glastonbury was broadcast uncensored on BBC2.

Back
Top Bottom