Recommend remote access software

Man of Honour
I've been using RDM+ and it did the job fine. Until, I think, Lion. And now RDM+ is incapable of waking a black screen (sleep) on the remote computer.

Customer service merely acknowledge the issue and say it might be fixed, eventually. Not good enough.

Can anyone recommend a replacement that works? I need to access a Mavericks iMac from both an iPad and a MacBook. And I really don't want the iMac screen to be set not to sleep.

Thanks

John

Soldato
NeoRouter?

Don't know if it works on Macs as I am all PC and Android - but the blurb says it does
Either try the pro version for 30 days, or just use the free one

Man of Honour
OP
Tested Teamviewer again and it will not awaken a sleeping iMac.

But I have discovered, installed and fully tested RealVNC. WOW! Why have I been using all that other rubbish for years. Once set up, and yes I did have a couple issues, it is so sweet and so much faster than anything else I've tested. Now fully tested via local lan, over the internet and even via a 3G MiFi. And tested with a sleeping iMac, both screen and disk :)

I can now go on my hols :) And yes, I do work when on holiday :( for about 45 mins a day - the same as when not on holiday :)

Back
Top Bottom