Google-Motorola "X Phone" in the 2013 pipeline?

Caporegime
^^

Not surprising really :p

Although you may not watch movies on it I got to say using Youtube on the Moto X rocks. Full screen with narrow bezel and amoled screen ..... I can't help but think Nexus has made the wrong choice ;)

I am missing SAMOLED (mainly for the true blacks) but the nexus 5 also has a superb screen (imo)! :p Much preferring it to my one s screen overall.

Don't use my phone for watching youtube videos much since getting the n7 anyway. But having super small bezels really does make media consumption sooooo much more enjoyable!

Associate
Comparing the speaker on the X to the Z2, the X sounds terrible. It really is pretty average.

Z2 speaker may well be so. My HTC One front speakers too were better than the Moto X - until they started to resonate when sound was at a particular pitch :mad:

I do however find the Moto X rear speaker to be better than phones I've had in the past such as One X and S, Moto Razr HD and so on and makes an acceptable sound for viewing youtube vids or hands free calling ;) I don't however use it for annoying the general population by playing music through it!

Associate
I am missing SAMOLED (mainly for the true blacks) but the nexus 5 also has a superb screen (imo)! :p Much preferring it to my one s screen overall.

Don't use my phone for watching youtube videos much since getting the n7 anyway. But having super small bezels really does make media consumption sooooo much more enjoyable!

My N7 seems to be poorly :mad: Screen no longer works. You can see it sort of glow is light if low enough but is not responsive. Not been dropped and isn't cracked so not sure what is wrong other than it's developed a fault. I'll have to look up the warranty on it though may end up arguing the toss over the screen developing a fault against user inflicted fault/damage?

I was never really sure if the N7 was really big enough. Always wondered if I should have maybe got a 10" version. Whatever, watching youtube vids on the Moto X, they do look very good on the amoled screen. If only the Moto X screen was a little bigger <time for a sharp exit> :D

I am thinking about getting a Chromecast to try?

Caporegime
Quite like the size of the N7, maybe another inch and it would be perfect with a little less bezel at the top and bottom.

Chromecast does look good, might buy one myself in the next few weeks....

And yup liking the "biggish" screen on the n5, definitely couldn't go any bigger than this.

Associate
Quite like the size of the N7, maybe another inch and it would be perfect with a little less bezel at the top and bottom.

Chromecast does look good, might buy one myself in the next few weeks....

And yup liking the "biggish" screen on the n5, definitely couldn't go any bigger than this.

I nearly bought a Nexus 5 at one point but I've never regretted getting the Moto X. Be interesting to see what Motorola come up with later in the year to replace the X. Moto X screen could maybe be a little brighter for use in full sun but it's OK. Don't think it's quite as bright as the HTC One? Not sure how it compares to the N5. Not keen on big phones though and hope Motorola don't go down that route. I could see myself happily sticking with the X for the next 12 months at least.

Bought a Chromecast at the weekend. Works really well and for £30 with a Play Store £5 voucher you can't go wrong :D

As I was in PC World had a look at tablets. The one that caught my eye was the Galaxy Tab 8. Looked quite nice.

Caporegime
According to anandtech:

HTC one - 458
Nexus 5 - 436
Moto x - 318

Although more to view ability in sunshine than brightness. I find the N5 great in sunshine, definitely much better than my one s, however, I think most reviews etc. find the moto x a bit better in sunshine especially when viewing from an angle.

Likewise here, unless the next moto x or google device are seriously good as well as being less than £350, I can see myself keeping the N5 for quite a while!

Meh to Samsung and their touchwiz stuff! :p

Associate
That would be the downside to the Samsung Tablet. It was the 8.4 and screen was very nice.

Moto X is quite usable in bright sunlight but doesn't seem as bright as the HO I had. I think the contrast of the X's amoled screen helps a lot in bright conditions.

Will you be rooting the N5?

Associate
I doubt you will.

Love mine - gotta be one of the nicest Android Handsets out there. Not the fastest, not the highest res screen or camera, but the best all round package (for me anyway, results may vary, IMO, YMMV etc :D)

Soldato
I doubt you will.

Love mine - gotta be one of the nicest Android Handsets out there. Not the fastest, not the highest res screen or camera, but the best all round package (for me anyway, results may vary, IMO, YMMV etc :D)

totally agree, really liking mine...still!

not a phone to show off to your mates though

you show them the phone, they ask what it is, you say Moto X, they instantly say oh, ok and get their iphone 5s, S5 or HTC One M8 out

little do they know what an awesome phone it is and cheaper than their latest and greatest :D

Associate
Although more to view ability in sunshine than brightness. I find the N5 great in sunshine, definitely much better than my one s, however, I think most reviews etc. find the moto x a bit better in sunshine especially when viewing from an angle.
I think it's to do with the glass and the display being so close to each other. I peer at the sides of the screen and can't see a gap at all. If the distance between the glass and the display is so small refraction will be lower, so visibility in bright light will be better. I have no idea if this is something to do with the fact that it's AMOLED (as in, maybe LCD screens need a bigger gap or whatever).

Back
Top Bottom