Unreal Tournament news on the horizon!

Associate
Awesome news...if it isn't another crappy console port like UT3.

It's all about UT2004 TAM - still playing today. Best competitive gametype imo. A remake would be amazing.

Soldato
Worried it'll be a half decent game with some stupid gimmick that ruins it, like unbalaned weapons, stupid vehicles, or microtransactions up the backside.

For me, i'm going to go in with expectations low.

Soldato
UT99 is the best by a fair chunk. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the other ones, but going back to the original after playing them all throughout the years it's blindingly obvious! I've never heard a UT player disagree, so it must be true lol.

Associate
UT99 is the best by a fair chunk. That's not to say I didn't enjoy the other ones, but going back to the original after playing them all throughout the years it's blindingly obvious! I've never heard a UT player disagree, so it must be true lol.

The only ones who disagree are the ones too young to have played UT99. :D

Associate
Before there was Titan Fall there was:

"MMMMONSTERKILLLLL":D

I had so many hours of fun on UT3 Warfare! So hope there will be some variation on Onslaught/Warfare:cool: so many great vehicles: The Walker, Viper, Manta etc:)

The Titan mod was also immense fun, when not being misused:( If you got a good group of players though I thought it rocked!:o:D

Man of Honour
It would be nice to see another UT game, I'd agree with everybody here that it needs to go back to it's roots. UT99 has always been the best in series for me, the orginal just had such a good atmosphere and feel to it, I have the soundtrack sitting on my phone as well :p

They need to bring the Ripper back as well, I loved that gun.

I've always thought of UT99 and Q3 being pretty equal. For pure deathmatch and fast action Q3 wins every time, but UT99 evens it out by being a much better team game with more variety. I've always kept them both installed and visit them every now and again, I seem to get worse and worse every time I play though :D

Q3 never had the assault and domination modes in vanilla or OSP but Q3CTF had solid teamplay and then there was the somewhat failed team arena expansion for Q3.

Q3 in many ways was a very serious game which was why I played both extensively un-modded it didn't have anything like i.e. someone charging up 6 rockets and blasting you on facing worlds heh.

EDIT: While checking I was right about it being 6 rockets noticed this comment - assuming its correct: "Multiple rockets are fire in a flat, horizontal spread unless the secondary fire button is pressed while they are loading. This will cause them to fire in a tight spiral formation. " never knew you could do that with the secondary fire.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Apparently Cliffy B mentioned to the Epic team and managing directors in his leaving speech that the company should focus on bringing back Unreal or Unreal Tournament as he feels the market is leaning towards arena shooters becoming popular again (something Titanfall is proving and, arguably, CoD continues to prove) so this would make a lot of sense.

Soldato
This done properly no unlocks, perks, boosters, or whatever be I and I will be over the moon all that junk killed gaming for me. Quake and to a lesser degree ut is what I enjoyed most and would relish the chance to relive those glory days of upgrades to get a few more fps in quake3 timedemo_1

Soldato
This done properly no unlocks, perks, boosters, or whatever be I and I will be over the moon all that junk killed gaming for me. Quake and to a lesser degree ut is what I enjoyed most and would relish the chance to relive those glory days of upgrades to get a few more fps in quake3 timedemo_1

This. I hate all the upgrade and rubbish now too. Soon it will be get 10 kills in a row and get a nuclear strike that kills everyone on the map

I have just downloaded Quake Live and its very nice indeed to go back to some hardcore fps action. Proper skills are gained in games like this. You dont see mid air railgun kill accuracy in BF4 or Titanfall

Man of Honour
UT99 was the first game i played on PC, don't think there is any other game ive put so many hours into except for 2k4.

Did anyone ever play the Tactical Ops mod for this?

Yup was a poor imitation of CS though in some ways, I remember running around with a desert eagle on some map with a open sewer/dam thingy.

Associate
Tacops was cool but Jailbreak (for all flavours of Unreal I might add), was the bomb.

*Disclaimer. I am in no way prejudiced even though I was one of the long-time mappers/modellers for jailbreak. Which can be found here and there's certainly nothing jailbreak-related on my website

:p

wnb

wnb

Soldato
UT was awesome back when DLC was not a dirty word but something you looked forward to. Awesome free map packs:)

Back
Top Bottom