That time of the year again: When dumb US networks cancel good shows and renew others

Soldato
Ok not all of these were worth renewing but there are some crazy decisions again this year. Everyone add what they know and anything I have missed.

Cancelled:

Tomorrow People - I really enjoyed this one! Great first season and the final eps were amazing. Yet another great cliff hanger that will never be resolved. This is the only one that really really disappoints me, I am hoping for a fan campaign!

Star Crossed - No big surprise really, I enjoyed it but it was a stretch even for my god like powers to suspend disbelief. The main girl who was supposed to be in high school actually seemed to have wrinkles.

Dads - Seth MacFarlane comedy, I actually really enjoyed this. It was a real old skool sitcom with a live audience and great cast.

Enlisted - Another Fox sitcom to bite the dust. It was pretty dreadful.

Rake - Based on an Auzzie series of the same name. Had a high production value, great acting and good scripts yet something about it I didn't find engaging.

Almost Human - This was doomed to fail when broadcast out of order. A classic sign that an Exec somewhere is an utter retard and didn't want it in their line up. Same thing happened to Firefly. Saying that it was pretty light weight as it went and not *that* good.

The good news! What has been renewed already:

2 Broke Girls - Ok this is a Marmite comedy but there is something about it that I really do enjoy, not just Max's boobs.

Archer - WOOOOP WOOOP. One of the best things on at the moment.

Arrow - This series just gets better and better.

Beauty and the Beast - I couldnt stand more than the first 2 or 3 eps of this. No idea why this gets renewed, presumably Kristin Kreuk is sleeping with an Exec. Or perhaps I need to give it more of a chance. But she is very unconvincing as a "kick ass and take names later" cop... or indeed anything as her acting is appalling.

Bones - Kinda gone off it at the moment, but it has historically been good so benefit of the doubt.

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - I was worried this would get cancelled because I really enjoy the style of comedy. It is similar to Community in some ways, just not quite so wacky.... yet.

Silicon Valley - I really enjoy this. Getting better with each ep.

Suits - Woohoo! One of my favorites.

Supernatural - One I've been meaning to get into, up to season 10 now!

The 100 - Not a big fan, still watching it though. Not nearly as good as the tomorrow people!!!!

The Big Bang Theory - Still ticking along, still funny and worth watching.

The Blacklist - YES! Excellent new show.

Vampire Diaries - This makes me happy

The Originals - This makes me happy

The Walking Dead

Two and a Half Men - I am still enjoying this! Ashton Kutcher is doing a great job.

Under the Dome

White Collar

Currently unknown ... or "on the bubble" as they say ...

Continuum
Community
Castle
Intelligence
Agents of Shield
Once Upon A Time
The Crazy Ones - Really good new fresh crazy comedy. Worth renewing.

---Final seasons---
Here is the list of great shows in their final season, not technically canned... more a planned ending.
The News Room - This should have more than just 3 seasons. Great show, good acting and fantastic writing by Sorkin as always.
Californication
True Blood
Warehouse 13
Mad Men
True Blood

Last edited:
Caporegime
Tomorrow people shouldn't be canned, easily one of the best of the new shows. it wasn't brilliant and started off a bit weak. First episode was all over the place, massively rushed and made little sense. needed a better start really to draw people in and probably lacked numbers because it started off weak.

Star crossed was rubbish, seth green was in dads, Rake was generally okay but basing a show around a guy that is generally a **** rarely keeps viewing figures. People decide they don't care what happens to Rake and stop watching.

almost human was poor, and the out of order episodes has nothing to do with it. They tried to load it upfront with better episodes which makes sense. They couldn't do much when half the episodes were retarded and there were very very minor inconsistencies by going out of order.

The stuff that got new seasons, Beast and the can't act at all hottie, 2 Broke girls, Bones, Suits, Big bang theory, It's three men now idiots, are all rubbish. Bones used to be good but got awful ages ago, haven't watched for years because it got so bad.

Suits is style and zero substance at all and the more I've seen the more I'm convinced Harvey can't act at all. Every ep is essentially, hey little guy, we've got a big case but I'm the bestest lawyer ever so have a unbeatable plan... next scene... god damnit they have a FOLDER... its BLUE and my plan is beaten. Several scenes with some good looking women talking rubbish later, 3 scenes about little man almost being found out, and Harvey or the little man has a green folder, one of them looks inside and the case is won again... woooo. No need for court, or legal terms, or anything to do with cases, just a folder, followed by another folder, then a counter folder, and then the final folder which beats the other folders because... it's about 40 mins in to the episode.

No charlie sheen no Two men and a fat kid, rubbish since he left.

Community should be put out of it's misery, Intelligence was crap, Shield was improving but still so many stupid eps/bits of eps. Crazy ones is painful to watch, Castle is becoming a joke show, ignoring good writing and good stories for theme'd episodes that have just turned it from a witty(ish) detective show into a crap comedy.

Californication should never stop, it's great writing and casts. Mad men needs to end, watchable, believable but ultimately boring.

Soldato
Californication should never stop, it's great writing and casts.

Agreed, one of the best shows on TV but this latest season is very meh, seems the writers have just given up with this one.

Also Big Bang Theory had a 3 season renewal a few months ago, it's going nowhere soon, which is great...the longer it goes on, the longer Penny makes me ;)

Soldato
Only thing there I've watches so far is Arrow. It's my fave show so as long as that keeps going i'm happy.

Season finale should be brilliant. Can't wait until the Bluray comes out to watch it properly back to back with Season 1 again. Enjoyed watching it week by week but much prefer the full on experience on bluray.

Some great potential for Series 3 already too - good times ahead

Now if they can only get Harley Quinn into the Suicide Squad...doubt she will be but it'd be cool if she was

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I think I would actually enjoy 2 Broke Girls if the entire script wasn't written in CAPS LOCK. Seriously, next time it's on have a listen. Maybe they have sound issues in the studio but I'm sure every actor is instructed to shout their lines.

Associate
Almost Human was a good show, deserved a bigger budget and another season, I don't think being out of order made any difference though, as said just a sign somebody there didn't want this show. :(

Why shows like this get cancelled and crap like Warehouse 13 got 5 seasons? crazy. Even continuum got a second season and that's horrible, the lead just doesn't fit the role at all.

At least Under The Dome is coming back, that wasn't bad.

Back
Top Bottom