Clash of Clans

Soldato
Pretty good Dan. The clan is a bit more active with clan wars sparking a bit of interest, it also forced us to shed a few inactives. The wars have been quite profitable, so far we've won 3 and lost 2.

Spitwrath has quit in favour of boom beach, but other than that the core remains the same.

You're right about the base design, it's a bit of a pain, I managed to find something that I can easily swap the TH with the Research Lab when I need to. It protects gold and DE well, but not the Goo.... which tbh I don't really care about! :)

Soldato
Upgrade your barracks to get the healer andy. Then change your ratios slightly 15/16 giants is probably enough, 1 or 2 healers, 4-6 wallbreakers, then either just archers or a mix of barbs/archers. I didn't use wizards till they were lvl 5.

Focus on THs that are your level or 1 below (unless there is some very easy loot to be had in collectors and storages on the edges). Look for AD (air defence) that is exposed near the edge and go for that, drop a few giants to draw the fire, then some WB (wallbreakers) to punch a hole in the wall near the AD. Send in the rest of the giants. Once the AD is down, send in the healer(s). Send barbs and archers in.

That's how I always used to raid at TH6/7/8

Soldato
Clan Wars has been out for a few weeks now and although I think as clan we have improved somewhat, there are still some mistakes being made. Here are some tips for the OCUK clan:

Basic Stuff
1. There are 2 wars each week.
2. Prep days last 24 hrs and start Monday 9pm and Thursday 9pm
3. War days last 24hrs and start Tuesday 9pm and Friday 9pm

The Prep Day
4. During prep days - donations on the clan wars map are for DEFENSIVE troops only, they aren't used when you attack! Donations should be Wizards or Dragons mainly, then Archers or Minions to fill the remaining space. Higher level players donating higher level troops are usually happy to fill these up.

The War Day
5. During war days every player has 2 attacks, if you are available please try and get your 2 attacks in, it is in detriment to your clan mates if you do not attack!
6. In the first few hours of war it makes sense to let lower level players to attack first and choose their targets. If that isn't possible, your target should be something around your recommended.
7. Think of the clan and not yourself when choosing the target. If the clan doesn't win, nobody gets their loot... including you!

Attacking Tips
8. Scout the base first and look for weaknesses, especially where you could possibly draw out the King, Queen and CC troops. Click on each in turn and see where their attack radius extends too.
9. When attacking ALWAYS try and lure out the clan troops and heroes first. CC troops are very often wizards that can quickly decimate an entire attack. Draw them out, pull them to the corner and pick them off (surround them with barbs, archers etc.) There are videos on YouTube that demo this.
10. I can't think of a tenth, but it's a nice round number :D

fez

fez

Caporegime
A few other tips and bits of advice:

If you can't donate lvl 5 or 6 wizards please don't donate for clan wars as healers, giants and hogs are not great defensive troops. The higher players will always fill the whole clans castles with wizards and we have plenty of members with lvl5+ wizards.

I know its tempting to hit that top player with their town hall exposed for a single star and get a mega pay day but please remember that we need the stars. Unless we win the war you will probably have spent more on troops that you get in the losers war bonus.

Please take the time to make a proper army instead of using a farming army. Remember that the rules are the same as normal attacks, 1 star for town hall, 1 star for 50% and 1 star for 100%. That means that you can get 1 star for 95% or 2 stars for 50%, have a think about what will get you the max number of stars.

As Grinch says, make sure you know how many clan castle troops your target will have and make sure you lure them all out. Like ourselves, almost every other clan will have filled their CC with wizards even for low level players. A few lvl5 wizards can kill 20 giants of any level in about 5 seconds if you are unlucky.

Lure them out to the edge of the map and create a circle of archers around them to stop the wizards being able to use their splash damage to kill multiple troops in one hit. 12 or so archers in a circle / semi circle can take out 5 wizards if you are a bit lucky.

If you are going to attack a base that has already been attacked to try and improve on the number of stars, look at the previous reply to see if you can get any info like where are their bombs, what is in their CC and where are hidden teslas.

If you see a 3 star attack on someone, have a look at the replay for some tips. Unless they have picked on a really easy target for their level, you should see an example of a good attack. The counts for both sides. If you see an attack on one of us that is 3 star, have a look.

Soldato
NovemberRain107 if you read this please reapply, that was a mistake by one of our co-leaders who didn't realise you were from ocuk 2.0

Last edited:
Associate
I left ocuk 2.0 and tried to join ocuk but I was rejected and apparently banned from joining, my own fault probably for not elaborating on the joining message! Could someone help me out?

Edit: ign NR107

Soldato
The ban can't be removed and it isn't anything we have done. Supercell implemented a 24 hour cool off period if you are rejected from a clan join request a few updates ago. You'll have to wait until tomorrow around 3pm unfortunately :(

Back
Top Bottom