What have you done to your car today?

Associate
Unblocked the Sunroof Drains after I was greeted by Water on the MMI Controls and none of the buttons working. Ripped them out, pull them apart, blast with the hair dryer and all is well in the world once again!

Soldato
Some toerag pizza delivery moped rider rode in to the back of my car. Felt the nudge but couldn't see the rider, he then pulled up along my passenger side, he was looking to see if I had noticed so I wound down the window and said did you hit my car, he looked worried, so I started getting out my side, went round to back of car and before I saw the scrape he rode off !! Couldn't see his number plate fully either.

Hopefully it will rub out most of it. Wasn't even going to bother claiming cos it's not worth it on this car but it's the principal, no sorry, no honesty. Annoyed me !!

wt0T2iol.jpg

Soldato
Replaced the entire pcv system on my ageing audi tt 225. Everything you touch in the engine bay crumbles to pieces, which made the job very difficult, and created more work!

The pcv system was near enough blocked. Lots of gunk in all the pipes.

Associate
Fitted some flat wipers on my Alfa 156 to see if they're better than the crap OEM ones, they seem to work o.k. even though the nearside one has to be a tad smaller due to the lack of curve on the passenger side blade.

Associate
Was yesterday but we put the new radiator in. I've now made 3 journeys and not had to put 2l of water in between each one.

Next on the list, figure out why the car missing like crazy @ 4K+ and loses power. Current suspect - CAT (hopefully just one) but might be the MAF.

Last edited:
Soldato
Also yesterday but I had two new rear tyres put on my Focus. Went with two more Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrical to match the 11 month old fronts. Was planning changing them in July as the old ones were getting low but got a nail through one so decided to get then both done now.

Fitted at my house on Saturday morning for £284 all in.

Soldato
Replaced the reverse light switch on the MX5, and fixed the wiring going to it as well. Quite nice having a light to inform others I am about to reverse onto the drive again!

Soldato
Picked up a new bumper in the right colour for Puma 2, and the guy threw in a free grill! Happy now as I will swap them over and get existing grill chromed for a different look...

Soldato
drove up a duel carriageway tonight and got buzzed by a rather nice bmw m3 doing god knows what speed, As he moved over to complete the overtake a stone smacked my windscreen. 2 very small dots right in front of my field of view. not sure if it warrants an auto glass repair. only they could tell me i guess.

Back
Top Bottom