The anime thread sequel (it's still not as good as the Manga though),

Associate
Saw Patema Inverted at the film festival here, I'm surprised they need a kickstarter to bring it out on BD! Looked like a big budget film, very polished, so you'd think they would have the budget to release a disc version too. I thought it was very good as well, full of twists and perspective changes that made me walk out of the cinema clutching the walls so I don't fall into the sky :)

OK, question time: After seeing Bakemonogatari and loving it I want to watch all its prequels and sequels, but I'm utterly stumped as to what order they're all supposed to be in chronologically! I've found a dedicated Bakemonogtari wikia page but that hasn't been much help either. It lists the order the novels they're based on happen in, but the novels don't exactly correspond to the series as each season covers several novels so I'm still confused. Any hints?

Soldato
Saw Wind Rises the other night myself. Me and my better half both thought it was a nice movie and are glad we have seen it, but not sure I'd watch it again. Visuals are nice as expected. Hadn't expected it to be so long!

I'm currently watching Gosick, which is the first anime series I've managed to watch for a while :)

Soldato
Summer series ... We're only half way through Spring with a quick search for a summer chart showing a first Summer series not starting until the beginning of July when we're barely mid-May! Way to early to be planning what to watch.

That being said I did notice quite a few series on the page I was looking at which looked quite good (not including Free) but it will depend on if any of them are following this thing of having short episodes rather than standard ones which I just find annoying.

Another GitS Arise episode will be good though .... :)

Commissario
OP
I think Satan may be in need of a new set of ice skates, Viz have announced not only the new Sailor Moon series, but that they've got the rights to all of the older ones, and will be doing a new uncut dub for them.

Not my cup of tea, but one of those series that it seemed no one in the west would ever manage to get the rights to again.

Soldato
Maybe
It is just my hate/disappointment of the company showing
with them dropping one of my favourite series after I had spent money supporting them by buying each disc as they released it only for them to drop the series half way (Full Moon Wo Saga****e):mad:

Soldato
Saw Patema Inverted at the film festival here, I'm surprised they need a kickstarter to bring it out on BD! Looked like a big budget film, very polished, so you'd think they would have the budget to release a disc version too. I thought it was very good as well, full of twists and perspective changes that made me walk out of the cinema clutching the walls so I don't fall into the sky :)

Saw this as well and it was difficult at times to keep in my head what is the right way up!

Commissario
OP
It's the last few hours for the Patema Inverted kickstarter and they're really close to the OST stretch goal :)

Also for anyone that has the BGC kickstarter pledged, they've extended the period for upgrading your pledge/adding an additional copy to give people another week :)
I've decided to say "what the hell, you only live once" and upped my pack from the basic to the premium :)
I sort of figured that Bubblegum Crisis is one of my all time favourite anime series, and although I've already got it twice why not go for the upper package, I've no doubt I'll keep on watching it over the next few years :) (and shinies!)

Caporegime
Haven't watched anime for awhile and now I'm getting into Knights of Sidonia, which is pretty cool!

Has a bit of Freespace + Mech, firepower and strange alien beasts.

EDIT : Wtf bit perverted, apparently the suit "Inserts" itself in case you need to go! Thus all the women seemed to have enjoyed it

haha

Last edited:
Soldato
Wandered around a couple of the DVD/BD?CD shops in Nottingham earlier this morning and was quite surprised what deals you could get in them at the moment, even compared with online, with some of the anime offerings. Things like the NGE movies and Akira for £4-6 on BD in Fopp and some (be careful) good deals with the Ghibli films as well.

I made use of some of the deals, comparison with Amazon's discounted price as UP are wildly uncompetitive for UK Ghibli BDs, to fill some gaps in my Ghibli BDs ....

- Porco Rosso (from Fopp) £15 (Amazon £16.55) (*)
- Pom Poko (from HMV) £15 (Amazon £19.10)
- The Cat Returns (from HMV) £15 (Amazon £17.95)

But the two HMV ones work out better than that as they were 2 for £25 and the Nottingham HMV is moving so they are having a relocation sale with 10% off just about everything so it actually works out that the last two disks were £11.25 each which I would say was a reasonable saving off the Amazon price. Total saving of the online price above £16.10 ... not bad ... :)

(*) this was actually 2 for £25 as well but there was nothing else in that price offer I wanted.

Last edited:
Soldato
Currently watching Samurai Champloo for the 5th time, I have actually just ordered an anime called Another. Anyone seen it, seems like a very scary horror/supernatural. Cant wait for it, you can get it in blueray:)

Back
Top Bottom