Aldi Brioche Buns.

Associate
Just thought I'd tell people that Aldi do some good Brioche buns. I dont see many in other supermarkets but for 55p for 4 in Aldi its a good buy :).

Id seen them mentioned in a thread somewhere so thought Id help out any burger lovers. :cool:

Associate
Thanks for heads up. I've tried to find brioche buns quite a few times when doing burgers but never found them in the usual supermarkets.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
I look for brioche buns in every supermarket I go into. Pulled pork and posh burgers have become so popular in the last few years you'd think they'd be everywhere. Nope. No-one seems to do anything other than standard brioche. Where do restaurants get them from?

Will be trying to make some myself next time I do pulled pork.

Soldato
Went in to look last night - found the hot dog ones but not the burger ones... Bought them anyway and froze them! Come the apocalypse I refuse to be without decent rolls.

Will try again another time.

Was there an empty space on the shelves next to the hot dog ones? (I'd expect them to be next to each other). If not, maybe it's only in some stores. I bought some yesterday in Cambridge.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Found 'em! this is what you're looking for.

lhpt.jpg

£1 for two. Still going to try making my own though.

Soldato
I was just about to post up and say that M&S do brioche bungs for both burgers and hot dogs, but they've both been posted about. I'm gonna be picking up some for the weekend, along with a bulk quantity of posh dogs (3 packs of 6 sausages for £10) and some steak burgers (same, 3 packs for £10). Roll on Friday!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom