Your current Fish tank Setups!

Soldato
Such a shame Tom, but still bigger and better things to look forward to!

So after tearing the tank down and rebuilding it I water tested it last weekend.
Its held water for a week with no signs of issue so fingers and every thing else crossed it will be ok.

JivWqRB.jpg

Also made some progress on the light housing.

moxVH5x.jpg

Soldato
Had this for three months or so, fishless cycled for 7 weeks or so and I have been adding fish over the last four weeks and stuck a few plants in this week. Next is to get a CO2 kit of some description, running off the same timer as the light so that light on means CO2 on (I know, not the most efficient way to do it) and an air pump timed to run when the light is off.
Anyway, a couple of pics, it's a bit cloudy because I did a partial water change. It was meant to be about 25% but I forgot to disconnect the hose from the pump and it syphoned down to about 75% empty :eek:

tank2small.jpg

tank1small.jpg

tank3small.jpg

Associate
Guys! Help us please! We swapped our tank with someone and I am not sure how this new filter system works.

20140515_171226.jpg

As you can see, just, there filter is built into a little system that clips onto the tank. There is a long black thing that goes down, which I presume sucks the water up, and then the water goes out the other side after passing through the small containers containing the media.

There is no bubbles though, should there be bubbles? Our previous tank poured water out the filter and created the bubbles, but not getting any here. Have I put too much ater into the tank?

Thanks for any help.

Soldato
No need for bubbles - as long as there's a reasonable amount of water surface ripple you should be OK.

Nice Epiplatys Euro, they've been on my list for ages as something I want to keep when I can find some space.

Associate
Well Ive just come home to a fairly horrific sight :(

I was feeding my fish when I noticed I was missing a female dwarf gourami. The other half's been feeding them lately due to me working evenings, but hasn't been paying attention to whats been coming out to feed.

I assumed the worst and begin digging through the plants to see if I can find any remains, when I notice something flittering about. I was my missing gourami, or whats left of her. :eek:

She's missing most of her fins, one eye, deep cuts to her head and thumbnail size chunk from her side! Worst of all she was still alive.

As I've no way to quarantine her I've decided to euthanize. Now comes the puzzling part, what the hell did it?

the rest of the fish are;

5 panda cory's
7 otto's
1 Female dwarf gourami
6 cherry barbs (3 male 3 female)
1 clown plec

In the past the only fish I've lost to aggressive behaviour were cherry barbs (2 males during spawning over 2 years). I'm at a loss, has anyone known any of these species to be aggressive towards others?

Soldato
Well Ive just come home to a fairly horrific sight :(

In the past the only fish I've lost to aggressive behaviour were cherry barbs (2 males during spawning over 2 years). I'm at a loss, has anyone known any of these species to be aggressive towards others?

This is obvious no?
Your Pleco.
I can easily imagine that your wife has been underfeeding and they went for it when it got into its boundaries. They are passive fish yes, but if they are hungry they will happily launch into another fish.

No offence to your wife, but if shes a bit clueless on these things you'd be wise to get an auto timer.

Associate
This isnt worth starting a thread for.

The diaphragm on my trusty and silent Meiko Hi-Tech 800 has given up the ghost and split in several places.
Any suggestions for a silent replacement?
Obviously the cheaper the better.

180L tank.

Cheers

Man of Honour
The finished article, my Fluval Roma 200 all set up, and fish transferred:

Fluval Roma 200 by BrianInnesPhotography, on Flickr

:)

I think I will go for some carpeting foreground plants in the near future, however I'm pretty happy with the decor at the moment! :cool:

That's a gorgeous set up mate..

I was wondering if I could ask a question.. I bought some new plants about 3 months ago.. and I've had a bloom of snails.. just can't defeat them. I've tried a water change and used a lettuce leaf to help collect them. I thought I had won at one stage but i've noticed hundreds of tiny ones last night.. I'm restricting fish feeding .. Any suggestions?

Mobster
Soldato
Just given mine a fresh bit of decoration. Need more blue gravel though.

Its a 3ft tank and in it I have...

2 Plec (Had these for about 3 years)
1 Golden Gourami
1 Tinfoil Barb
2 Blood Parrot Cichlids (had these for over 4 years now, awesome things)
1 seriously cool Figure 8 Puffer! :D My girlfriend has named it Pandora though :(

Wasn't sure how the puffer would get on with the other fish but I think with it being by far the smallest it is behaving itself rather well :)

Heres my tank anyway, really would like to upgrade but going to wait till I've got my own place for that.
IMG_5063.jpg

Blood Parrots
IMG_5080.jpg

Here are an older pic of my Blood Parrots too
IMG_2543.jpg

Tinfoil Barb
IMG_5085.jpg

Figure 8 Puffer - really shy at the moment but got my girlfriends tank to put it in if it starts becomeing aggresive.
IMG_5088.jpg

IMG_5095.jpg

Really got into them again recently.

Use it as a res for your water cooling

Associate
That's a gorgeous set up mate..

I was wondering if I could ask a question.. I bought some new plants about 3 months ago.. and I've had a bloom of snails.. just can't defeat them. I've tried a water change and used a lettuce leaf to help collect them. I thought I had won at one stage but i've noticed hundreds of tiny ones last night.. I'm restricting fish feeding .. Any suggestions?
Assassin snails, not that much for half a dozen from ebay and they'll go to town on the pest snails. Plus they're awesome :)

Back
Top Bottom