Xperia Z1 Compact... finally the holy grail for "normal sized" phone enthusiasts?

Soldato
Yep, I'm seeing the same! I think the next update could be a while though, considering the about of issues they need to fix :(

What issues are people having? I haven't got any issues at all that I have come across. Saying that I did a full wipe moving to KitKat as all my other phones ended up needing it as well.

Soldato
What issues are people having? I haven't got any issues at all that I have come across. Saying that I did a full wipe moving to KitKat as all my other phones ended up needing it as well.
23 pages here for starters: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Xperia-Z1-Compact-4-4-Update-Issues/td-p/608291 :p

The latest ones that concern me are the overheating and reduced battery life. I'm really happy with my phone atm, be a shame to spoil it with this update...

Soldato
23 pages here for starters: http://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-Z1-Compact/Xperia-Z1-Compact-4-4-Update-Issues/td-p/608291 :p

The latest ones that concern me are the overheating and reduced battery life. I'm really happy with my phone atm, be a shame to spoil it with this update...

Not had any of that, but I did update to Kitkat with Flashtool and did a full wipe at the same time.

XDA seems pretty quiet too, and those guys go NUTS if there's issues. I've had a few phones update to KitKat whilst I have had them and I usually ended up doing a full wipe as just upgrading did make them run a bit janky. Saying them you can always go back using Flashtool if theres a problem.

Associate
For those who have experienced issues after the kitkat upgrade on the z1c I found this site which might help:
http://webanditstudio.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact-kitkat-update-issues/

I followed the process on here (factory reset, upgrade to kitkat, then use the repair function on PC Companion to wipe and reinstall firmware).

It seems to have solved issues for the author like the phone heating up and camera issues, and I haven't had any problems after using this method so worth a try.

Associate
For those who have experienced issues after the kitkat upgrade on the z1c I found this site which might help:
http://webanditstudio.com/sony-xperia-z1-compact-kitkat-update-issues/

I followed the process on here (factory reset, upgrade to kitkat, then use the repair function on PC Companion to wipe and reinstall firmware).

It seems to have solved issues for the author like the phone heating up and camera issues, and I haven't had any problems after using this method so worth a try.

Nice one.

Did you have problems after the initial KK update, or did you do this straight away?

Associate
I've only had the phone around a week so initially I left it on Jellybean due to the reports of problems, but upgraded on Monday after I found the article.

After a few days I've had no problems at all - phone doesn't get hot, no lagging from any apps or the OS and battery life is excellent.

The article seems to suggest that the key is to effectively wipe the firmware completely with the repair function on PC Companion before it then re-installs it, which implies that it's the actual upgrade process between 4.3 and 4.4 that may cause problems. All just guesses of course but if you're having problems it's worth a shot; just remember to do a backup first :)

Associate
Just got one of these to replace a S3. Like the feel shape and size BUT:
The screen seems to have dull colours; the S3 was vivid; having the buttons at the bottom of the screen makes it smaller than it's dimensions. Is this just me?
ATM I would happily swap for an S4.

Caporegime
OP
Wow, this phone has now been reduced to £220 in my country... seriously tempted to pick one up again despite my annoyances with the camera and lack of wireless charging (which was an absolute crime considering it had slot flaps).

Caporegime
OP
Has anyone used the Easyroot tool onthis phone? I am trying to get it running but it always hangs at the "waiting for device" stage... and I get no prompt for authorizing my phone. USB debugging is enabled and I think the device drivers are installed.

Any ideas? :(

PS I got this phone new for £180 today (non-EU country), bargain!

EDIT - Ok fixed, I had to install the Sony PC companian... weird as I wouldnt have thought that would have been necessary as I downloaded all the driver files manually. *shrugs*

Now rooted I think! :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom