CRZ Supercharged * 2020 revival *

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
yeah that is a sensible post. I understand the logic.

Why do you hate the CRZ gearbox, feels good to me!

it was too long geared for me. but at the time I was used to my EP3.
I just remember you really struggling to keep momentum on track also.

perhaps adding more power would bring the box alive as the longer gearing would be a benefit
I would also suggest an LSD. which adds another £1k+ to the cost.

rjk

rjk

Caporegime
you need to arrange a test drive in a supercharged CRZ.

no amount of words on the internet will assist in this decision better than sitting in one, driving it and deciding for yourself if it is worth the money to you.

Soldato
Saving money for 18k a year whilst sticking to petrol but no older than 2011 kinda locks most things out anyway. If you were interested in saving money you would entertain an older car, if you wanted comfy 18k miles them you would be pushed diesel.

What attributes does a GT86 offer for motorway? Its not going to be much worse than Honda with their common disregard for tyre noise anyway.

Anything new enough to fit your budget is thanks to rapid depreciation. MINI are good in that regard, although if you went a Cooper S or JCW you want them in warranty thanks to timing chains and enough warranty will price you out. Decent drive and fuel economy.

Soldato
OP
Saving money for 18k a year whilst sticking to petrol but no older than 2011 kinda locks most things out anyway. If you were interested in saving money you would entertain an older car, if you wanted comfy 18k miles them you would be pushed diesel.

Hence the catch 22, to a degree.

Yeah it was, he was implying that you need help because you own a CRZ, and because you are planning to spend money on it.

The benefit of being half idiot is that I speak the language :p

ha, what an SKN.

Soldato
Its not a dig its stating the obvious, if you feel its a dig then maybe its because you know I'm right and don't like it, no matter how you look at it 6K modifying a car meant for economy is crazy

A couple of people including myself have suggested you consider older cars to achieve what you want but you've disregarding it, obviously that's fine but don't get your knickers in a twist over it

Permabanned
Its not a dig its stating the obvious, if you feel its a dig then maybe its because you know I'm right and don't like it, no matter how you look at it 6K modifying a car meant for economy is crazy

A couple of people including myself have suggested you consider older cars to achieve what you want but you've disregarding it, obviously that's fine but don't get your knickers in a twist over it

This.

Spending near 6k on a tin can of a car is utter crazy.

Associate
Yeah I agree with both posts.

I expected more form the thread really as the only 2 car alternatives given have been:

- Mazda3 MPS
- GT86

Does it have to be Japanese?

pcoltrane said:
The GT86 sounds like a good call. £5.7k is a lot to spend just to get up to 200bhp with a non standard car.

Going by your car history these probably aren't your cup of tea, but are some of the alternatives trying to stick to your no older than 2011 rule:

Megane RS250/265
Scirocco 2.0T
Focus ST
Octavia vRS
Mazda 3 MPS
Audi TT 2.0T

Soldato
OP

:cool:

This.

Spending near 6k on a tin can of a car is utter crazy.

meow

Does it have to be Japanese?

Preferably!

Soldato
OP
I am eager to hear what experience of the CRZ you have?

I just spent a good few minutes (wasted ones), reading through his posts and the overtone of negativity in every field/subject he talks about is devestatingly shameful.

So I will be taking no advice from him.

Given the age criteria and budget that probably explains your limited choice :)

Indeed!

Soldato
OP
[TW]Fox;26368927 said:
I think you should change it for an automatic diesel German saloon.

Whilst this makes me die alittle inside, it seems like the sensible choice.

The only German saloons I like are the CLS(which is old or too much £££ for the new one) or the E-Class. I love the look of the E-Class coupe and the engine in the E350 CDI seems pretty good, 230BHP and 40+mpg seems to be doing diesel right.

I imagine a large part of that 5700 quid is the Mugen scene tax. As much as Mugen stuff is pretty desirable - do Jackson or Comptech not do a kit? If so, are they any cheaper?

The jackson kit is £5300 inc VAT installed.

What was the problem with the Ralliart Sportback I suggested? I would regard it as a direct competitor to the MPS.

Haven't looked at that yet. Although my gut feeling is "not an EVO though" which is a shame as I'm sure it is a good car.

Associate
Haven't looked at that yet. Although my gut feeling is "not an EVO though" which is a shame as I'm sure it is a good car.

You'd be absolutely right. I refer to mine as an "EVO Lite". :D It is basically a detuned EVO X hatchback, with the smaller TD04 turbo, lesser spec brakes, and lesser spec suspension, but, they still push out 237BHP.

The looks of the back are marmite, although I like it, but the biggest attraction for me was that it wasn't an ST/GTi/VXR.

You will not see anywhere near 50MPG though. I get 30 on a run, although I'm hoping a remap will help, as it is running rich due to an aftermarket exhaust.

Soldato
Man that is the point, did you read the OP? The question is what would you suggest that would fit the bill for the equivilant money.

2011 or newer
=> 200bhp
reliable and efficient (40+ mpg?) 'cos 18k miles per year, bruv

330i
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...0/fuel-type/petrol/postcode/ip225rj?logcode=p

New Focus ST
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...size-cars/2l_to_2-5l/price-to/16000?logcode=p

Golf GTi
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif...red-listing/dealer/89626/usedcars?logcode=flp

Edit: If it was me I'd get some ecobox + something nice or:
Megane Renaultsport;
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classif.../page/1/engine-size-cars/2l_to_2-5l?logcode=p

Back
Top Bottom