deleting a Dell Partition ??

Soldato
After building my own PC I thought I am in to this now - No way. Buying new is easy.

I have just rescued a Dell Dimension 3100 with XP on from going to skip - I thought I will play around - delete/uninstall XP - format and install W7.

That is where problems start - Dell as everyone but me knew puts them in where I can't get to them - C has 10.9gb used and 97 gb free - - D called backup has 144mb used and 37gb free I can't even format this it won't let me.

So after searching I am no wiser - How do I uninstall and format these two partitions -

Do I get a new cheap HD or just let it go and bin it. The monitors not bad though.

Have to say after uninstalling a load of rubbish off it -it's now quite quick

Dave

Soldato
If you boot directly from the Windows 7 disk, once you have entered the Windows 7 setup, if you press Shift & F10, you will have access to a command prompt. From there, type "Diskpart" (without the quotes) followed by "Clean" (again, without the quotes). The Clean command will remove all of the partitions on the drive. If you would like to zero the entire drive, you can do so by specifying the "Clean all" command. Once the operation has completed, you can then go ahead and install Windows 7.

Goodluck. :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom