LG G3 **discussion**

Soldato
I like how OEMs are using the Android tint in their own stock Apps, and how LG changes the software keys, makes them fit in so much better with apps, and gives it another reason to go on screen.

Soldato
Watching a hands on with 2 chaps and they not as blown away with the QHD display as they hoped to be.

I wish manufacturers would stop wasting screen space with on screen buttons , this phone has got a good sized bezel at the bottom just put them on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
For those who are interested German rainforest has all the LG G3 variants up for pre order - including the 32GB / 3GB ROM.

I've pre ordered the white version as it makes a change from the black / metallic looking one.

Caporegime
Watching a hands on with 2 chaps and they not as blown away with the QHD display as they hoped to be.

I wish manufacturers would stop wasting screen space with on screen buttons , this phone has got a good sized bezel at the bottom just put them on it.

I see quad hd as OTT really. I really hope they don't go further for epeen next gen

Soldato
OP
For those who are interested German rainforest has all the LG G3 variants up for pre order - including the 32GB / 3GB ROM.

I've pre ordered the white version as it makes a change from the black / metallic looking one.

Nice one stoosh, the difference is only 50 euros so deffo worth the extra for the 32GB/3GB.

Caporegime
Lack of even cursory waterproofing is a critical flaw in any modern phone imo. LOTS of phones suffer water damage, and their extreme portability and the fact they are taken out so many times per day means they will always be subsceptible to it. They are items that cost as much as the average mainstream laptops, and yet manufacturers such as Sony and Samsung have only recently woken up to the fact that they could be a little more element-proof. LG appear to sadly be somewhat blind to that.

Soldato
OP
I for one am glad LG haven't made this waterproof with silly flaps over ports and a larger bulkier design.

The flaps would drive me nuts.

I've survived this long without waterproofing, I'm sure I'll be ok without it.

There's plenty of other phones out there with waterproofing if that's your bag.

Caporegime
I for one am glad LG haven't made this waterproof with silly flaps over ports and a larger bulkier design.

The flaps would drive me nuts.

I've survived this long without waterproofing, I'm sure I'll be ok without it.

There's plenty of other phones out there with waterproofing if that's your bag.

Thanks Kona, but I really don't need you to tell me there are other waterproofed phones out there when I already clearly reference them in my post. ;)

I stated my opinion that LG should include at least basic waterproofing like other major brands are now doing, and that opinion isn't going change any time soon.

Soldato
Am with kona, have never needed it myself and the flaps really are annoying enough that I would rather not have it. On screen buttons is a let down though, have always preferred them not to leech my screen real estate.

Associate
What is the release date for this in the UK? And does anyone know the price point for the 32GB and the 16GB?

I believe release date is meant to be 1st July. no prices yet and not even sure the 32gb version is coming to the UK. Apparently this will be available to preorder from cpw from 3rd June, so that should give an idea of UK price.

Caporegime
Am with kona, have never needed it myself and the flaps really are annoying enough that I would rather not have it. On screen buttons is a let down though, have always preferred them not to leech my screen real estate.

I said even basic waterproofing would be ok. Even Motorola put a waterproof coating onto their much cheaper Moto G that gives it genuine "water resistance" without adding any flaps or extra bulk http://www.mobileburn.com/22487/news/moto-g-survives-30-minutes-underwater-but-its-not-waterproof

I know a guy who got caught out in random torrential rain and his SIII died. I have also had two phones die from water damage, one from being put on a table that someone then spilled a drink on (the water didn't even go allover it, it just went under the bottom and got inside the case somehow), and another from being dropped for 2 seconds in some snow.

Phones with even basic Moto-G style coatings cansurvive those kind of things,and I don't think it's too much to ask for in a £500 product. Sure I can buy another phone with basic water resistance, but I'd also like the choice of buying the G3 as it looks otherwise awesome.

Back
Top Bottom