• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Haswell Refresh Processors Codenamed Devil’s Canyon – Launching in Mid 2014 With Unlocked Desi

Soldato
Me too :D though Im not liking the sound of it being september :(

I find it hard to believe they will release broadwell and the 4790K at the same time. If they do for some strange reason do that, then my plan is a 4790 now and an upgrade to a broadwell in Sept :D

Soldato
I find it hard to believe they will release broadwell and the 4790K at the same time. If they do for some strange reason do that, then my plan is a 4790 now and an upgrade to a broadwell in Sept :D

They won't.

If the 4790k Processors are not being released in June and they are going to be available from September. I bet we won't see Broadwell till Q1 2015.

Associate
They won't.

If the 4790k Processors are not being released in June and they are going to be available from September. I bet we won't see Broadwell till Q1 2015.

Broadwell definitely will not appear for desktop enthusiast before the end of Q2, at the earliest. No chance whatsoever for Q1.

Associate
ASUS Maximus VI Extreme BIOS Update Supports Core i7-4790K (Devil’s Canyon) – Will Other Manufacturers Follow Lead?

Read more: http://wccftech.com/asus-maximus-vi...r-manufacturers-to-follow-suit/#ixzz33R95OhgL

The plot thickens.I can`t see Intel being chuffed about this.It seems like a strange move from the motherboard makers too when you think about it, surely they`d want to maximize z97 sales?.
Intel could release a microcode update to stop it like they did last year on the B85 and H87 Express chipsets..
I can only think they appealed to intel that customers would happily buy more of the new k chip rather than having to shell out on new cpu and motherboard which is the sort of shenans we`re all fed up of.

On a final note i just googled both k chips and found an online place that is selling them in builds to ship right now..

Associate
The plot thickens.I can`t see Intel being chuffed about this.It seems like a strange move from the motherboard makers too when you think about it, surely they`d want to maximize z97 sales?.
Intel could release a microcode update to stop it like they did last year on the B85 and H87 Express chipsets..
I can only think they appealed to intel that customers would happily buy more of the new k chip rather than having to shell out on new cpu and motherboard which is the sort of shenans we`re all fed up of.

On a final note i just googled both k chips and found an online place that is selling them in builds to ship right now..

I suspect the reason there are such muddy waters is that Devil's Canyon was a back-up plan that was hastily put into action when it became clear that Broadwell desktop enthusiast would slip by a year or more. When 8x series chipsets were finalised and mobo specs set, I should think there was little if any provision made for DC ... hence why some boards and brands will support it and some won't.

Caporegime
Does anyone know why Intel now use TIM instead of solder between the die and heatshield?

Despite what they say I suspect it's cost saving, cheaper to manufacture = more profits. At the end of the day all they have to guarantee is 100% stable operation at stock speeds and bog standard TIM is more than good enough for that.

Soldato

LOL Don't believe everything that is advertised on the internet. They are chancers... There are none in the channel at the moment so unless they have made them out of fairy dust they are lying! Give them a call and ask them, order one if you like, I bet you wont get it for tomorrow.

The big distis in the UK do not even have them and they will get them a couple of weeks before the release date as Authorises Intel OEM manufacturers have to test/integrate etc before going to market.

BTW that website is utterly full of trash like this. The amount of times I search for stuff and it comes up with that company and they show stock but is just utter BS to bump their google rating.

Soldato
Well, it seems to be only Asus right now who are giving the middle finger to Intel and adding Devil's Canyon support to their Z87 boards. It's a great PR move from their perspective, giving off the impression that they care more about their customers by refusing to go along with Intel's scheme of pretending you need to upgrade. No doubt it'll engender increased brand loyalty for them, and thus make them more money in the long run than sales from the handful of Z87 owners who'd be willing to upgrade to Z97 just for these chips.

What'll be interesting is whether the other motherboard manufacturers now follow suit. You'd think they'll have to, to save face if nothing else, now that the cat's out of the bag...

Associate
Cmon enough is enough!!!!..........just release Devil's Canyon already :(

I honestly don't think they're going to come tomorrow, Wouldn't we of heard something by now ?

Really annoying got everything except the CPU. I'll wait till tomorrow anyway but think ill be going for the 4770K.

Permabanned
I honestly don't think they're going to come tomorrow, Wouldn't we of heard something by now ?

Really annoying got everything except the CPU. I'll wait till tomorrow anyway but think ill be going for the 4770K.

Same as you, but need mobo. Everything is ready to build... If I don't hear anything by the wekend I'll get a 4770k then wait for broadwell. I'll skip 4790k all together.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
57c20f3b_de0d0b6f_a202_4430_ae96_0210e1f7439b.jpg

500x1000px_LL_7541b7c8_76833db9b2ffdb790f4d1ec18.jpg

Back
Top Bottom