I'm still on iOS 5 on a 4S, considering going to iOS 7, mistake?

Soldato
Does it get super laggy or have they taken care of that yet?

To be fair, even iOS 5 is getting Laggy now which is annoying because I know for a *fact* it was fast at everything. It's tough not to believe the conspiracy that the OS is built to slow down after a couple of years to force upgrades.

Soldato
OP
I'm one of those that likes to keep restoring from backup, I have too many old txts etc. unless there is a smart program out there that exports old txts into something browsable?

Soldato
I wouldn't upgrade tbh unless a specific app requires the 'latest and greatest' version.
The 4S will cope fine with iOS7 tbh as it is a dual core SoC but it will feel laggy in places against version 5. I gave into the urge to upgrade my iPad 3 from ios6 to 7 and now regret it as it is very crash prone and laggy (ie the task switcher takes its time to appear).

Soldato
I'm one of those that likes to keep restoring from backup, I have too many old txts etc. unless there is a smart program out there that exports old txts into something browsable?

Any reason you need to hang on to old texts? Much better to start afresh than restore old fluff. By the way I do believe you can get program's to backup text messages some even in the App Store (but you'd probably need iOS 7!)

Caporegime
I'm on iOS 7 on my 4S and can't say i've noticed any massive lag, but then my phone doesn't really get used for much more than texting, calling, bit of Facebook and music.

Soldato
Any reason you need to hang on to old texts? Much better to start afresh than restore old fluff. By the way I do believe you can get program's to backup text messages some even in the App Store (but you'd probably need iOS 7!)

I can't speak for Marcos, but in my case I keep all old texts as I use my phone for business and I find it very useful to be able to quickly browse my old text history if a customer from 6 or 12 months ago contacts me.

Soldato
still rocking an iphone 4 and I've found that the ios7 has breathed new life into my handset. there's the occasional laggy moment but on the whole it has improved the phone

Back
Top Bottom