LG G3 **discussion**

Caporegime
Nice review by Clove on Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7tgPBCsqp8&index=70&list=WL

However the screen is so reflective in bright light, it's almost like a mirror and so distracting. Was keeping a positive mindset into the negative comments about the screen but now I'm second guessing my preorder, I can't deal with a reflective screen, it'll be so distracting.

That's my biggest fear. And the problem with my current phone that it is unusable in outdoor sunny weather
This really isn't looking like an upgrade at all :-\

Soldato
That's my biggest fear. And the problem with my current phone that it is unusable in outdoor sunny weather
This really isn't looking like an upgrade at all :-\

I'm facing the same problem as well. Seeing as the Summer is upon us (well kind of), I don't want to use a phone where I can't see anything.

The video highlighted just how reflective the screen is and then reading the phonearena review they also stated that the screen isn't very bright and coupled with the fact that when the phone gets warm you can't turn the brightness up.

I'm going to cancel my pre order and see what the S5 Prime brings or wait until the S5 GPe comes out.

Shame as I really wanted this phone.

Caporegime
I'm definitely not getting the Samsung s5 nor the prime
Congratulations LG. You really dropped the ball on the screen!

I instantly noticed the reflection on it. And that is the same thing that hurts my current phon. If the video is aanywhere near a real life representation I think it's worse than mine!

A much as I wanted this phone I'm sliding ever closer to the shipping of another generation

Soldato
Since the 4.4.3 update my N5 is getting much better and that includes the battery life.

I did say that I might be tempted with the S5 Prime and S5 GPe versions however it's more out of gadget lust than anything else.

The Nexus 6 will not be out at the end of the year because of Google Silver being launched early next year.

Think I'll wait it out to see what it brings or wait for devices with the next generation of Snapdragon chips to be shipped.

Soldato
^^Point taken however when the G3 screen is lower than usual when it comes to brightness and you can't ramp the brightness up when the phone reaches a certain temperature then it's virtually next to useless.

Permabanned
The S5 I have is pants in sunlight, no phone is good. The old matt type laptops are good but devices with glass or glossy screens do very poor in direct sunlight.

Caporegime
thats basically what i get on three PAYG i would say its standard PAYG/rolling now

true, i lack the minutes and thats a big plus if you use it

and for the pc advisor review above - im not even reading that

Caporegime
I would hardly say it's standard as it's usually impossible to get a deal like that? Or am I being naive? Thought it was a great deal...

its def not a bad deal but i wouldnt pay over 15 for everything i need

three's sim only 12.90 deal gets you 200 mins, 5000 texts and unlimited data

like said, depends if the minutes matter to you

Soldato
Reading the thread over at XDA it seems that Amazon.de have taken to cancelling pre orders that are outside of native Germany which is very naughty of them considering the UK is part of the EU.

Has anyone who has pre ordered the 32Gb version via Amazon.de had their pre orders cancelled out of interest?

Associate
Reading the thread over at XDA it seems that Amazon.de have taken to cancelling pre orders that are outside of native Germany which is very naughty of them considering the UK is part of the EU.

Has anyone who has pre ordered the 32Gb version via Amazon.de had their pre orders cancelled out of interest?

Amazon.de taken to cancelling? Where does it say that in the xda thread? So far only thing Amazon.de have done is put stop to the phone being shipped outside of Germany. No one's order or mine has been cancelled, touch wood. Will see what happens over next few days...

Back
Top Bottom