What watch do you wear?

Soldato
Yea? I've tried the standard AT on and I like it. What didn't you like?

I don't mind the milgauss, but not tried one in the flesh.The equiv is boosting my price up though in the same sort of size as the AT :p consolidation soon becomes upgrade = shouty wife.

Associate
Yea? I've tried the standard AT on and I like it. What didn't you like?

I don't mind the milgauss, but not tried one in the flesh.The equiv is boosting my price up though in the same sort of size as the AT :p consolidation soon becomes upgrade = shouty wife.

Yeah theres probably a fair diff in price depending where you source them from. I tried the steel blue face date version and the yellow/black gauss version. I just thought in both cases they weren't "classic" enough in their look/proportions. Kinda trying to be sporty, whilst simultaneously being dressy. Just didnt think they pulled it off. Didnt like the bracelet either. Was really faffy in comparison to newer bracelets on the speedmaster.

Thought the milgauss, especially in the LV or new blue version (not worn) pulls off the sporty/dress watch better. More dressy, less sporty is the DJ/DJII or maybe 36mm explorer. Dunno, plenty of options other than rolex, quite a lot of whom do dressy better.

Soldato
Hey guys, i'm after a cheap watch because when I try and check the time on my phone in the sunshine I can't see a bloody thing.

I've been having a look around for cheap watches and i've found the following:

Don't hotlink images - Rilot

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-Cla...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item35d761bb24

Anyone here got one of these? I quite like the look. There's 2 colours (white and orange) and I think I prefer the orange one. Anyone else got any suggestions for cheap watches?

Soldato
Hey guys, i'm after a cheap watch because when I try and check the time on my phone in the sunshine I can't see a bloody thing.

I've been having a look around for cheap watches and i've found the following:

$_12.JPG

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Casio-Cla...es_Watches_MensWatches_GL&hash=item35d761bb24

Anyone here got one of these? I quite like the look. There's 2 colours (white and orange) and I think I prefer the orange one. Anyone else got any suggestions for cheap watches?

I have the one in link as my day to day work watch - easy to read and if it stops bin it and buy a new one.

Can't go wrong for a fiver

dave

Soldato
Bought it for a holiday three years ago, definitely the most complicated watch I have ever owned :o

Has come cool features like a solar cell for power, stays in sync with an atomic clock, watch hands glow in the dark...

Watch.PNG

Soldato
What are peoples thoughts on citizen skyhawks? this one in particular.

http://www.citizenwatch.com/en-uk/watches/watch-detail/?model=JY0100-08E
I have an Eco-Drive Perpetual Chrono A-T, essentially from the same stable, and it's an admirable, reliable workhorse. Easy to recommend, though perhaps not a watch to fall in love with.

Pros: Very accurate - the radio-controlled timekeeping works well. Built to last. Huge power reserve.

Cons: Quite heavy. Skyhawks have ridiculously busy dials, so at-a-glance reading is very poor. Lume isn't the strongest. Also just noticed that that particular model has mineral crystal, not sapphire, which seems a bit stingy considering the price.

So while I *personally* wouldn't go for one of these Skyhawks due to the crowded dial and ring, I'd definitely recommend a watch with Eco-Drive A-T. If you're okay with the busy-ness of the face, however: go for it :)

Last edited:
Transmission breaker
Don
I love my skyhawk :) I think i wear it more than anything else I own. (59E model) Only difference is the strap to the one you like.
I changed the metal strap to a Hirsch carbon though, so it now looks like this (terrible photo)
Hirsch1.jpg

No regrets at all :D

Back
Top Bottom